View Full Version : Lightwave 7.5d slow down/crash?

jbw
07 July 2005, 09:43 AM
About 2-3 months ago I replaced my pc but up until now I haven't done a great deal of 3d work. Last night I was having real trouble getting Layout and Modeler to work together?
I can load layout or modeler through the hub (r-click, load layout/modeler) but if I hit F12 or the button to switch between the two it causes the program to halt and eventually crash. If I leave it a 2nd layout or modeler will appear but it's paintfully slow switching between programs.
I thought it would be sp2 firewall but they're both in the exceptions list and allowed complete access from entire internet?
I even disabled the firewall, quit everything and tried again but no difference.
If anyone has any suggestions please help me, I want to get some 3d work done for my portfolio!!!

I'm now considering updating to lightwave 8 (not to solve this issue) but am fearful this problem will just reoccur.

System specs:
Dell Precision 670 (http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/precn_670?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz)
Dual 3.2ghz emt64 Xeon
2gb DDR2 ram
Quadro 3400FX (I think it's running 71.84 drivers)
1x 250gb drive (system)
2x 250gb drive RAID 0 on rocketraid 1640 (storage)

Win XP sp2, fully updated.
Nod32 antivirus, fully updated.
Lightwave 7.5d
Dongle in USB hub, haven't tried swapping to usb on computer.

ta,
jbw

Zarathustra
07 July 2005, 02:44 PM
I've only experienced Modeler slowing down. The answer is replacing the configs. I keep a backup of my configs for when this happens. I never experienced what your describing as far as switching from Modeler and Layout, but maybe it's the same reason.

I'm using original 7.5 Modeler with 8.3 Layout. I'm on a Mac so I can do this. I hear because of the updated dongle drivers for 8.3 on PC, you can no longer have 8.3 and any version earlier run together. I know nothing specific about that.

CGTalk Moderation
07 July 2005, 02:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.