View Full Version : Starcraft: Ghost gameplay trailer

Gilgamesh
10 October 2002, 02:35 AM
http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/movies/

hobbes17r
10 October 2002, 04:23 AM
The visuals look teriffic, but the concept doesn't really seem to do what I hoped it would. I'll wait for the day when I get a whole SQUAD of SC-style characters to command strategically from a third-person perspective OR jump in to take over any one of them in a first-person or over-the-shoulder view, while AI (or other players) show the others through their orders...

Sure, ghosts are nice - some of my favorite SC characters - but I think pushing the idea of a more intimate strategy here by offering multiple controllable characters on a small-scale 'battlefield' would have made the game much more interesting that purdy lighting, etc.

As much as I have no doubt SC:Ghost will be beautiful and enjoyable, this idea of being limited to playing only as a 'Rambo'-juiced ghost just leaves me wanting something more, something that taps more into the diversity and balance of SC... The 'Calldown' and vehicle features just fall short.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.