View Full Version : The Language.....

07 July 2005, 07:32 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew some sites where the different words such as tracking and matte and stuff are explained. Would be great to know what all of these meant.

07 July 2005, 01:06 AM
these words come with knowledge that can best be gained by ''reading''. ''Tracking'' applys to 3d space, and film in general. In Maya it is a tiny piece of HollyWood termanology that means, ''movement an of entire scene to fit the required coordination''. Dollying, Tracking, and Tumbling are different ways to navigate around in 3d space because you see through a virtual camera.

''Dolling'' is to zoom in and out around a particular element of your scene or the scene in

''Tracking''- as stated in the 1st paragraph

''Tumbling''- this is to simply navigate your scene by way of rotation. It is used to rotate around objects and scenes

Breaking down the word help greatly even though these words are self explanitory and are things learned right from the start of MAYA USAGE.

As far as gathering information via internet, a book is much better.

07 July 2005, 10:06 AM
I hope this helps....


07 July 2005, 04:44 PM
thank u very much......

CGTalk Moderation
07 July 2005, 04:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.