View Full Version : NEW: ArmHandFactory - BoneFactoryTools
07 July 2005, 12:47 AM
Here is another free character rigging tool for you:
Alias Maya 6.5 Windows/Linux only!
ARM/HAND-FACTORY - part of the BoneFactoryTools
The ARM/HAND-FACTORY is a free tool for an animator or technical director to
fully automate the character rigging process in Alias Maya. This software will
automatically produce advanced but easy to animate arm- and/or hand-rigs that
will perfectly fit for your characters. It would take hours or days to create such
high quality character setups manually. With the ARM/HAND-FACTORY it takes just
a few mouse clicks.
• An arm or a hand can be created separately or together
• Choose between 1 to 5 fingers for the hand setup
• Automatically generated animation controls or custom controls can be used
• Easy IK / FK blending (classic 3-Bone approach)
• Stretchy IK arm with controllable stretch amount
• Realistic shoulder movements
• Additional forearm joints for realistic forearm deformations
• Easy GUI & setup (simply place locators in your mesh for final joint positions)
• Locators can be easily mirrored and loaded/saved as templates
Get the file or screenshots at:
07 July 2005, 07:50 PM
eh... whats the deal with the compressed code?
07 July 2005, 09:32 PM
looks nice from the screenshot but I don't understand why you're still using some 3 bones setup, do you find it had any advantage compare to the new implement ik/Fk blend from Maya.
Anyway i'll check your site for update it looks like it will be good, with some new stuff soon to come.
thanks for sharing
07 July 2005, 03:39 AM
double post in the forums
07 July 2005, 09:52 AM
...but I don't understand why you're still using some 3 bones setup, do you find it had any advantage compare to the new implement ik/Fk blend from Maya.
its more robust...
give me a foot set up with mayas ik/fk blends and I'll show you it break.
07 July 2005, 02:14 PM
Anyone tried it? Theres nothing on the shelf, script runs OK but the shelf inclued with the zip doesnt have anything on it.
07 July 2005, 07:13 PM
Version 0.1 runs only with Alias Maya 6.5 Windows/Linux right now.
I will try to get it running with Maya 6.0 and 6.01 the next days.
:: TiM ::
07 July 2005, 07:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.