View Full Version : NEW: ArmHandFactory - BoneFactoryTools
07-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Here is another free character rigging tool for you:
Alias Maya 6.5 Windows/Linux only!
ARM/HAND-FACTORY - part of the BoneFactoryTools
The ARM/HAND-FACTORY is a free tool for an animator or technical director to
fully automate the character rigging process in Alias Maya. This software will
automatically produce advanced but easy to animate arm- and/or hand-rigs that
will perfectly fit for your characters. It would take hours or days to create such
high quality character setups manually. With the ARM/HAND-FACTORY it takes just
a few mouse clicks.
• An arm or a hand can be created separately or together
• Choose between 1 to 5 fingers for the hand setup
• Automatically generated animation controls or custom controls can be used
• Easy IK / FK blending (classic 3-Bone approach)
• Stretchy IK arm with controllable stretch amount
• Realistic shoulder movements
• Additional forearm joints for realistic forearm deformations
• Easy GUI & setup (simply place locators in your mesh for final joint positions)
• Locators can be easily mirrored and loaded/saved as templates
Get the file or screenshots at:
07-06-2005, 07:50 PM
eh... whats the deal with the compressed code?
07-06-2005, 09:32 PM
looks nice from the screenshot but I don't understand why you're still using some 3 bones setup, do you find it had any advantage compare to the new implement ik/Fk blend from Maya.
Anyway i'll check your site for update it looks like it will be good, with some new stuff soon to come.
thanks for sharing
07-07-2005, 03:39 AM
double post in the forums
07-07-2005, 09:52 AM
...but I don't understand why you're still using some 3 bones setup, do you find it had any advantage compare to the new implement ik/Fk blend from Maya.
its more robust...
give me a foot set up with mayas ik/fk blends and I'll show you it break.
07-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Anyone tried it? Theres nothing on the shelf, script runs OK but the shelf inclued with the zip doesnt have anything on it.
07-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Version 0.1 runs only with Alias Maya 6.5 Windows/Linux right now.
I will try to get it running with Maya 6.0 and 6.01 the next days.
:: TiM ::
07-07-2005, 07:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.