View Full Version : Modeling a nose?

07 July 2005, 11:49 AM
Hi guys,

I'm fairly new to modeling but I've watched a whole load of VTM's and I really know how to accomplish most of the modeling. I am currently working on Yoda, my first model. I know, it's very ambitious, but atm it's coming along pretty good. Anyways, I'm having all sorts of problems with the nose. I've sculpted the nose 2 times now, but it's really not what I want. The nose is a bit harder to do, because the upper parts has all sorts of wrinks in it. Well I sculpted the nose a second time as you read, but the wrinks were by then too emphasized and very hard to resculpt.

Here's a good reference:

I'm sure the next time will be better but I think I need some advice on how to handle this. A tutorial will probably help as well. Just so that I have a better time sculpting this nose cause it's really starting to give me some headaches.

07 July 2005, 12:34 PM
Try the last one in the animated gif section on this page.

It's from Ken Brilliant's yoda tutorial but his page is inaccessible right now.Here it is anyways.

07 July 2005, 01:09 PM
Yes I know. Unfortunately the GIF didn't help that much. However I find that using polygons sometimes is FAR better. I extruded some parts and I only need to tweak it using vertexes. Man, those things can be a bitch sometimes...

Thanks for the help though!

07 July 2005, 04:56 PM
Hi there,

Here is a tutorial for modeling a nose, maybe it can help you.

07 July 2005, 03:30 PM
try the nose video on the following link

CGTalk Moderation
07 July 2005, 03:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.