LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : .XSI to .MD2 ?????? Help!

10-22-2002, 04:23 PM
is there a way to export an animated character from softimage 3D or XSI into a md2 :cry: HELP!!!

10-23-2002, 05:36 PM
Do you mean a Quake2 .md2 ?

10-23-2002, 06:22 PM
Yes...I don't know if you know this program, but there is a 3d engine called BlitzBasic which use .md2 and i want to export my ANIMATED models from XSI (or Softimage 3.9) to it...

I tried Milkshape without any succes for the moment
And Deep exploration too...But...
Maybe i did it in a wrong way?!? Don't know?

But if someone already did it, it will be cool he share the way he used! Thanks again Kricket for your interest! ;)

10-23-2002, 08:49 PM
ew... an animated model.. that I wouldnt know.. I was gonna say you could export to .XSI, then use Kaydara FBX converters to convert it to .FBX, then import that FBX into something like MAX.

But from what I understand you have to remove all animation keys to use the FBX converter (might be wrong tho, should go check that)

Go to you'll find tons of resources on .md2 files. If you cant find a way to do it there it may not exist.

10-23-2002, 09:07 PM
Thanks a lot Kricket! ;)

I will go to see...

I spoke with Dominic Laflamme (a XSI develloper who did the XSI importer for Milkshape) today and he said me the importer will support Animation datas soon! ;) it will be great! Then it will be possible to import XSI animation and export them to every format Milkshape support to export! :thumbsup:

Again thanks for your help! :)

10-25-2002, 02:31 AM
Or there is a another way:

*.md2 -> Deep Exploration: ->*.obj-> XSI

10-30-2002, 11:23 AM
Thanks "Sound" for your Help but i don't need to go from .md2 to .XSI...
I need to find a way to .XSI to .md2 ! ;)

But it's ok now! There is no solution for the moment...
But a friend of me will do an exporter directly from XSI (A plugin)
which will be able to export in .md2...
When he will finish (2weeks i think) i will share it here (If he wants!).

Thanks again for help! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.