LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Looking for Gold!

06-29-2005, 11:06 PM
I was wondering if any one could point me in the direction of LW Surfaces, Gold in particular.
Back in school, I remember we had a stock set that came with LW, but I don't seem to have a set with my current LW8 package.
Should I have one?
Does anyone know where to get them?

06-29-2005, 11:09 PM
I think you could use just about any of the metal presets that are shiny and just change the color channel, and maybe tone down the reflection a bit.

06-30-2005, 06:46 AM
Cool :)
thanks for that Webshot, I had a play and got what I was after.
I found the presets that came on the CD's but I thought there were more.
I guess the ones we had at school may have been in a bundle or something.
I just remember like a menu that had gold, lava all kinds of surfaces that you could then tweak to your liking.

06-30-2005, 06:15 PM
There should be a whole bunch of presets that come with LW, including a gold preset. At one point NewTek had the presets in a zip file on their website because one of the updates deleted them, you can check the website or the ftp site to see if you can still find them.

06-30-2005, 06:58 PM
good gold also needs something great to reflect. I remember when I was figuring out metal back in the day, that was the big epiphany for me. That's why the Gold preset in LW asks for that GoldReflect.tga.

07-05-2005, 11:53 PM
i feel like a bit of an idiot buut i found them
press 's' while in the surface editor menu
all the presets are there
(slaps forehead)
its all starting to come back to me

CGTalk Moderation
07-05-2005, 11:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.