View Full Version : UVEdit Pro

06 June 2005, 05:28 PM
Is it worth the $119 that Newtek is charging. If so I will buy it. Please post responces as fast as you can since I have money burning a hole in my pocket.

06 June 2005, 01:05 AM
I think (could be wrong) but I think the general consensus is that it's not such a great app, a bit out of date. But do some searches of these and the Newtek Boards before you accept my opinion.

06 June 2005, 01:30 AM
You work for a University and you have money burning a hole in your pocket?! :eek:

UVEditPro is a nice app that makes a lot of UV things easier. (Got it as a nice freebie when the delivery of LW8 was late) That said, I'd blow the money on something else. I think LW8 and beyond will improve UV editing enough that you won't need it.

06 June 2005, 01:56 AM
You work for a University and you have money burning a hole in your pocket?! :eek:

Well I don't get a lot of money from working at the university but I just had around $150.00 that I had been holding onto for something Lightwave related and that was the only thing that fit the budget.

I already got Fprime when it was preorder and that is worth every penny. Since I have been experimenting finally with making things and learning more about UV's it seems that this product always came up as the more versitile.

Thanks for the comments. :)

06 June 2005, 03:16 AM
this link/info is from another forum thanks to proton and others that were interested in this fairly new software.

comes highly rated and is around your price point

06 June 2005, 03:29 AM
Yeah UV edit Pro isn't worth it

For me it's like the skelegon editor at first I was This thing rocks
after afew weeks crashes finding Odd things, & I worked how to do it all in Straight modeler and MY workflow is alot faster, Skelegon editor was a passing fad for me.

with UV edit Pro you ave some nice features but with the New UV tools in LW 8.3 and it's old I wouldn't waste your money on it ,....Maybe buy a rigging plugin LOL :D

06 June 2005, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I can think of a cool rigging and animation plugin that runs just about $150.

But seriously, I would agree that the new UV features in 8.3 make UV Edit Pro pretty much obsolete.

06 June 2005, 05:16 AM
I can think of one 1/3 the price of that one :D
that's getting a Version 3.1 update very soon AND more.... ;)

06 June 2005, 01:51 PM
At first it seemed great, but in the end it was crap.
When in a hurry, the Search tool is your friend. (

CGTalk Moderation
06 June 2005, 01:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.