View Full Version : Maya 6.0 -> 6.5 MR rendering issues...

Raider007
06 June 2005, 04:44 PM
right, well i started using this tutorial (http://www.deathfall.com/article.php?sid=4292) to do some renders of projects here at work. It worked great with Maya 6.0 complete and never had a problem. Recently here at work we've upgraded to Maya 6.5 Unlimited and now when i render the same files, it just shows black, as in nothing is being rendered (i'm guessing it's because of no light source, because when i place a light source it renders, but not in the style we've grown used to here at work)...none of the settings are changed. I can open the older files up again in 6.0 and it'll render, but i have some new files created in 6.5 that won't load in 6.0...

any ideas of how i can fix this? or another tutorial where i can have the basic white background realistic style?

(if the link doens't load up, it's basically creating a white sphere, placing the object in the sphere, having a plane of a very bright white being the light source, no real light source, using MR and Final Gather...)

bgawboy
06 June 2005, 03:22 AM
I just tested an old 6.0 scene with IBL and came up with the same behavior.

The objects seem to be in the scene, because when I turn on FG diagnostics, I see the FG points on them. But then, after checking just about everything, I notice that the image file name is correct, but the directory above it somehow changed from sourceimages to lightMap. After reselecting the file, everything worked again.

CGTalk Moderation
06 June 2005, 03:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.