View Full Version : help, 10 seconds and thats it

vbstudios
10 October 2002, 01:35 PM
hi

all of a sudden, i cant scroll on past 10 seconds on the time line, no matter how long the clip is.

lets say i have a clip on the timeline that is 1 minute long. i can only play back 10secs of it. and there is not even a scroll bar on the time line to scroll along even.

whats happened, this only happened after a reboot [i think]. i am using version 5.0

please help....

thanks

vic

derErschaffer
10 October 2002, 01:45 PM
can you post a screen shot..?

vbstudios
10 October 2002, 02:30 PM
ok

here it is

if u like at the time line, and the sliders u can see i cant move them at all....

please help..
it is so frustrating that something works one minute and doesnt the next. ive tried reinstalling, but the same thing...

derErschaffer
10 October 2002, 02:42 PM
are you sure that the movie is longer than 10 seconds...i think the film is only 10 seconds long...but you have to click on the brown-green long box in the timeline and drag it to the left on the position 0.00s...

vbstudios
10 October 2002, 02:53 PM
hi again..

i know that. its a 25 second clip, and the timeline will NOT let me go past the 10 second mark.

im at a loss..is there something locking the clip or what?

im starting to lose my hair with this...

fred
10 October 2002, 03:48 PM
i guess your composition is only 10 sec long and thatīs the problem. choose your compsition, press ctrl+k which will bring you to the composition settings and enter the correct value in the length field at the bottom.
hope that will do?

vbstudios
10 October 2002, 07:32 PM
that done it. thanks, it was so bloody simple. but surely shouldnt the time line adjust if you have a couple of clips, so u can scroll along.

anyways, thanks a million.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.