View Full Version : 3d studio max reactor

05-08-2005, 01:33 PM
hi, my name is Augusto, itīs my first thread here, Iīm a 3ds max user, there is a long time I using this tool for doing my short movies. But now I need to know a lot about reactor because I have to do a work where a car crash, and I think itīs a good soft to simulate it.
Iīd like to know the best web pages to learn about, or the books which are selling.

thank you very much, sorry for my english, I know itīs pretty bad.

05-09-2005, 10:53 PM
i don't think there are any books specifically related to creating a car crash. has a good demo of this. it's only an avi... but if you email him, i'm sure he'd help ya out, cause he's cool like that find the car deform avi and the one like 5 down from that. :)

Jan vdh
05-17-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm pretty sure there's a very good Reactor video tutorial on 3DBuzz. (*checks*) Yep, it's in the 3DWorld section in the downloads. It's not free, but definitely worth it - taught me all I needed to know about Reactor.

05-29-2005, 05:03 AM
hi , i have been working on the same thing recently and i know thats not a very easy task to find the exact point between the reactor based animation and the key framed animation that will end up looking like a real crash but , i dont think you can learn reactor from one day to another , you must have to use the old method of try & ...try & try.... theres no recipie about crashing a car.

On the other hand y sugest you to start experimenting with cloth ( for the wrinkled metal foils) and traditional slolid groups for the main impact

I will search some old works and try to give you some help

Good luck.

Let me know if you need some help

05-29-2005, 05:06 AM
the allanmckay link isnt working

05-29-2005, 05:42 AM
you can find a some good info here ( ( (

05-31-2005, 01:25 AM
Thank you very much for your help, Iīll publish in a web site all the advances Iīve done. I gonna be doing the try....&try.....&try....yes, I know thatīs the best way sometimes...

CGTalk Moderation
05-31-2005, 01:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.