View Full Version : Links to CGSociety-only content

Swizzle
05 May 2005, 07:04 PM
I saw a link to this CGSociety exclusive article in the news forum: Hard Edges - Sin City - Stark shards of graphic CG Black and White.Well, I figured it would be pretty interesting to check out. I clicked and was immediately dismayed since I'm not a member of the CGSociety and there was no way to know that it was exclusive. At this time I don't have the cash needed to become a member, so I can't join to read the exclusive articles and content.

So, on to my point: Perhaps there could be a little identifying graphic or something in the little link boxes to show that it's members-only content? I'd certainly like to know what I can and can't read, and I do like to read many of the articles posted there.

Leonard
05 May 2005, 10:22 PM
Yes there is supposed to be an icon but I think it hasn't been done on CGTalk news yet (I assume you clicked to it from there). The little CGS icon is on CGNetworks already.

Leo

Swizzle
05 May 2005, 10:41 PM
Hmm, fair 'nuff. I can wait around, I was just trying to make sure that something might be done so that the members-only stuff is evident.

Mibus
05 May 2005, 12:36 AM
I've put a little bit of extra text at the end of the descriptions in the RSS feed (which is also what powers the "CG News" forum news thing.

:thumbsup:

Swizzle
05 May 2005, 03:47 AM
Hey, sweet! This is a good demonstration of why I like this place; excellent service (even for people who don't pay! [yet ;) ]) and real responses from people who actually listen.

CGTalk Moderation
05 May 2005, 03:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.