View Full Version : Color Cast Question

04 April 2005, 07:13 PM
Hi this is my first post in the photoshop forum :)

i mainly use Ulead photoimpact for my image editing which does most things i need but i am testing out photoshop beacuse i like the way you can adjust levels with layers and alter them later rather than making them permanent like in photoimpact

My question is this -

i just need to know if there is an equivelant option in photoshop to what is called "Color Cast" in Photoimpact, its a feature i use all the time. im not exactly sure how it works so i have included a screen shot, its not color replacement

Anyway thanks for any replies in advance :)

04 April 2005, 08:04 PM
In the CS version of Photoshop theres a new Photo Filter in the Image>Adjustments menu. It lets you add warming and cooling filters plus a whole slew of other colors that can alter the color cast in a similar fashion. That's about it that I can think of.

04 April 2005, 10:22 PM
colour balance as well would help.

PS's approach is more to give you tools to enable you to do whatever rather than saying the tool is for just one sort of that end a couple of colour adjustment tools may be necessary.

05 May 2005, 09:02 PM
A curves adjustment layer would give you something similar. In curves, use the Set Gray Point eyedropper (the middle one) to remove or add a color cast.

05 May 2005, 10:13 PM
Thank you for all your replies, i will try them out tonight and see how i get on

05 May 2005, 09:35 PM
If your using an older version, you can use the Variations(best) or possibly the Channel Mixer (both are located under Image>Adjustments). If you have CS, the Photo Filter would probably work best as Snich mentioned.

CGTalk Moderation
05 May 2005, 09:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.