LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Alberta Chapter

04-29-2005, 02:42 PM
If there is anyone willing to help start or start a chapter in Alberta, I would happily be a part of it. Preferrably in Calgary only because I live here and it's nicer than Edmonton... ;)

Would love to be able to meet with some of the folks around the area.

04-30-2005, 10:02 AM
I'd be willing to help out. My background is Architectural CG here in Calgary and I run, so the people I know in the industry are mostly biased in that direction. If you like email me at and we talk about trying to get the people we know together. Here in town I should be able to get a good 5-10, probably more if I put out a call for local members on my site.

07-07-2005, 05:20 AM
my first post. ah it was a good time to delurk anyways ;)

i'm a member in calgary! just give me a shout about any meet-ups and such!

07-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Ahh... good to see someone else around. Hey jmottle, I sent you an email a while back. Wasn't sure whether you had gotten it or not. Hadn't heard from ya.

04-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Figured I'd bump this one up again. I'd met with another CG Society member the other week over a few beers and I do know there are other members kicking around here that happen to be in Calgary.

I would like to have some sort of casual meet and greet sometime with some members in the area and discuss trying to officially start a CGS chapter.

I'm still interested if you are... :thumbsup:

04-26-2006, 09:33 PM
I'd be interested, as long as I didn't have to give up a kidney or anything.

04-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Well, just a chance to meet some place and have a beer or something would probably be just fine initially. Just need to have more interest from others.

12-31-2006, 05:16 AM
It's been quite a while since I posted here. Figure I'd check in to see if there is any life in Calgary (or Alberta in general) for getting a chapter going.

01-07-2007, 11:12 PM
I know mostly the Arch viz guys in town and surrouding area, but I could probably pull together 6-12 people for a beer night some time given enough heads up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2007, 11:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.