View Full Version : Character: semi-character :)

Sevarf2
10 October 2002, 05:20 PM
Well, I've finished this image for a small commercial poster.:scream:

What do you think????

pluMmet
10 October 2002, 11:36 PM
nice....although the vain is a little dark, unless it's vericose...lol

True
10 October 2002, 12:19 AM
That texture looks like real skin! where did you get it?
Nice so far.

True.

Frank Dodd
10 October 2002, 10:40 AM
nice well constructed image but yes I agree that vein does catch the eye a bit too much, I like the skin shader but there is something about it that I cant quite put my finger on, perhaps its the tone or the highlight on the foot or maybe its just me :) its well modelled though. What do you plan on doing with this poster?

ReinS
10 October 2002, 11:19 AM
Sorry dudes, but what is 'vein'..?? :) if it are those blue things; I agree with you :D

for the rest
rocking image :D:buttrock:

Joril
10 October 2002, 11:29 AM
I have to agree with Frank Dodd, somrthing looks out of place, the picture is really dark and the highlights on the skin look kinda harsh, make em softer.

evilmaul
10 October 2002, 01:48 PM
ciao.....

la modellazione mi piace, anche il texturing in cui perō ci sono un paio di cose che danno fastidio tipo le vene, come gia detto da altri, e forse un bump leggermente esagerato che sembra mettere in risalto nella parte superiore (quella a bordo immagine) la pratica depilatoria femminile :-)
Comunque + di tutto a me fa strano la posa , che sembra un po innaturale....trovo che le gambe siano un po troppo aperte!
Ovviamente č la mia opinione.....per il resto il lavoro č ottimo.

Sevarf2
10 October 2002, 02:41 PM
Thanks all guys. :bounce:
Yes I'll change the hightlights and make the skin more soft and correct the lights.
The skin texture is composed in photoshop. I started with a digital photo of a human skin and retouched for the map.
Rendered in max with brazil.
The poster is for an estetic centre. that is the request image.

slaughters
10 October 2002, 02:42 PM
Guys,

Look at your own feet, the vein is just fine. It's nice to see *real* feet as apposed to some teenagers fantasy about how they should look.

As for the skin texture, there is slightly too much specularity/shine.

JacobB
10 October 2002, 03:26 PM
I agree with it being to dark, just suggestion but you should try and give her a slight sock tan line.

stephen2002
10 October 2002, 04:40 PM
her stance seems to have her legs spread too far apart, just looks odd...depending on how you wanted it to be interpreted.

walee
10 October 2002, 07:53 AM
I like your lighting, i like the realistic feel of your character standing on the floor.

how many light did you use ?

Can you post a wireframe of your shot ?

good work :thumbsup:

Sevarf2
10 October 2002, 12:55 PM
walee: for you. Thanks
For this scena I've used two light. One, keylight is a omni light and the second to fill the shadows is a spot light with very low level of diffusion and no specular. the rest is made by skylight of brazil.

walee
10 October 2002, 01:36 PM
nice wire. how about the low rez version without the meshsmooth :p ?

Now I understand why you character is sticking to the floor in such a believable way: Brazil Skylight !!! I was hoping you didn't use any Global Illum renderer, because I am currently trying to get the same but without the global illumination. I am working on a short animation and though global illumination give such a nice effet, if you don't push up the numbers of ray you will get some flickering artifact on your animation. And I can't afford to render it using brute force rendering.

HapZungLam
10 October 2002, 02:36 PM
humm. so far so good. keep it up.

paconavarro
10 October 2002, 03:04 PM
I think you got the point of the dark pic, but also I think that the roughness and the color of the skin makes it look dirty, and unshaved (thats even worst).... but thatīs just my impession.. :)

great work... really nice modeling :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.