View Full Version : Problems with Painter 9

samcheri
04 April 2005, 07:24 PM
I would appreciate some help with this problem with Painter 9:

When using the Clone feature (Quick clone and Clone) Painter suddenly disappears from the screen: I mean literally: not a crash or a hang-up but the program just closes and when restarted it behaves as if the session which caused the "disappearance" never existed.

This happens only when I use the clone feature; with any other work or brush or whatever it behaves perfectly.

I use a tablet from a company called UC Technology; this works perfectly in other programs like Adobe Photoshop and the rest of Windows.

Thankx very much for any help

Jinbrown
04 April 2005, 01:02 AM
If you haven't already, go to the Sticky thread at the top of this forum and click the link named "Keeping Painter 6, Painter 7, and Painter 8 Running Smoothly". Follow those suggestions as they should help in Painter IX as well.

The only thing you may be able to skip is deleting the Pre-built Brush File as, in Painter IX, it has a top limit of 200 MB. If you want to delete it, no harm is done and a new Pre-built Brush File is generated the next time Painter IX is launched.

If all that doesn't help, post another message here explaining more about your image (i.e. dimensions, Resolution/ppi number, number and kinds of Layers, what's on each Layer, steps leading up to the crash, and anything else you think might possibly affect Painter's performance).

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2005, 01:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.