XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : It's the end of Adobe Kingdom?

10-03-2002, 12:58 AM
It's possible if the adobe don't reformulate After Effects with more and powerfull feactures, more professional, more final qualities.

discreet have a nice product, i had tried and i think that is the best, combustion . it's the best final quality that i know (for simples systems, of corse using PC/Windows).

If adobe don't wake up with this, they really lost the kingdom.

That is a commentary of who uses After Effects 3 years ago, and currently moving for combustion, that is a reality of many.

ps: i'm sorry if my english is bad, english is'nt my native language.

10-03-2002, 02:23 AM
Dont blow off AE too quickly. It's still very powerfull, and not to mention quite a bit cheaper than C2.

10-03-2002, 03:01 AM
I'm with VisualBoo on this, AfterEffects has a huge user base and is widely recognised. I doubt Adobe would let it slip too much.

10-03-2002, 07:53 AM
Besides, it's not as if After Effects is all Adobe has going for them...

10-03-2002, 11:27 PM
i really love AE, but discreet with combustion have a nice acceptation with the newer product (really good program).

maybe have sucess with the newer versions of 3dsmax, combustion have get a "hitchhiking" with 3dsmax.

that is plus one I appeal, that adobe start and launch a beautiful version 6.0. hehehe

10-05-2002, 12:12 PM
I dont know about adobes sales figures,
but i think the userbase of AE has grown in the last couple of years.
I see more and more people learning AE lately.
Add to that the fact that you can run AE on a very modest desktop,
IMO its a killer comp. tool.:buttrock:

While we're on the subject,
do any of you guys know about an affordable (as in cheaper then the Matrox rtx100) editing solution, that allows for real-time support in AE/Premiere??

i guess affordable/realtime is a contradiction in terms.. :(

10-05-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by visualboo
Dont blow off AE too quickly. It's still very powerfull, and not to mention quite a bit cheaper than C2.

Not anymore , it isnt

check this out:

10-05-2002, 05:23 PM
Crap! :surprised

10-05-2002, 05:36 PM
thats almost half of what it used to be (roughly):eek:

10-05-2002, 05:40 PM
thats more than half , the bundle includes cleener too!.

IMHO this is a killer deal!

10-08-2002, 01:42 AM
That deal is not permanent(only 3 months), and it is only for US/Canada citizens.

Also if your just doing motion graphics work then you don't need the production bundle, so plain old afterfx is just $600. The motion graphics industry is much much bigger than the compositing field. I doubt Adobe has much to worry about.

Afterfx wasn't even designed to be a compositing tool, it was originally just for video and motion graphics. They just kindof fell into it because at the time nothing was anywhere close to it's price range.

10-08-2002, 03:47 AM
I have to agree about AFX still being very effective as motion graphics tool. The idea that Adobe is slipping is something I hear from time to time but I've never been able to see why exactly. Nothing can touch Illustrator as a prepress tool, Indesign blows Quark out of the water, not to mention Photoshop. Besides Adobe Dimensions, they haven't made to many blunders so I wouldn't vote against em.

10-08-2002, 08:24 AM
ummm.... Sorry guys but the deal is available worldwide not just the US and canada.. I am in the UK and my reseller sent me an email about the deal.....

I actually use both Combustion and AfterFX. I use whichever software suits the job....

AFX as a standard bundle does not even come close to Combustion, however the PRO bundle which I use does......

Both have their ups and downs but I think they are both essential to have if you can afford them both.....

10-09-2002, 09:45 AM
I must be honest, I have been a long time AE user and I am about to purchase a compositor for myself at home and was set on AE till I got an email with the combustion special advertised. And after reading the spec sheet of Combustion, I must say it looks mighty appealing. I have downloaded the demo to give it a go, to see if it works well inpractice so expect a report later.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.