View Full Version : .CDR to .JPG Conversion???

Jonj1611
04 April 2005, 07:10 AM
Hi,

Ok, I know this is not Corel Painter, but I couldn't find a better thread. I have a user who is sending me some icons in .cdr format, I need to know if there are any conversion(preferably freeware) apps that will convert this to .jpg or any mainstream graphics format?

Hope you can help

Thanks
Jon
www.jonsmedia.com

Jinbrown
04 April 2005, 08:01 PM
Hi,

One suggestion if you have Illustrator:

I don't have the latest version, but Illustrator 9.0 opens Corel Draw .CDR files from versions 5, 6, 7, and 8.

I'd expect a later version of Illustrator might open later version Corel Draw .CDR files.

Good luck!

Jonj1611
04 April 2005, 08:14 PM
Hi,

Many thanks, I don't have illustrator, but I have never installed the demo of it either, so I guess I could download the demo and open the files and then convert them to what I wanted?

I know PSP 7 which I have can open CDR files, but only up to a certain version from what I gather.

Anyway thanks for your help

Jon

Jinbrown
04 April 2005, 08:48 PM
Hi,

I can't vouch for this software, or even the site, but here's one you can look at:

Graphic Converter 2003 (http://www.flydragonsoft.com/index.htm?AfID=17887)

They claim it can read 42 formats (.CDR included) and write to 27 formats, batch processing too.

When online and/or downloading from unfamiliar sites I hope you have a virus scanner running all the time, and spyware blocker too.

Good luck!

Jonj1611
04 April 2005, 08:59 PM
Hi,

That is fabulous, thanks I will check it out.

I am always cautious about software, in fact too cautious I guess, I have Norton Internet Security running plus spybot and ad-aware on watch :)

Thanks Again
Jon

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2005, 08:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.