View Full Version : Constrain to one axis with Drag tool

takkun
10 October 2002, 06:28 AM
I'm trying to figure out a way to constrain the Drag tool to one axis when using it in the perspective view. The Ctrl modifier does this but it doesn't always pick the axis I want. Does anyone know of a tool/lscript/plug-in that is a drag tool with 3 modifier keys (for X,Y,Z) so that I can easily move points orthagonally in a perspective view.

Eugeny
10 October 2002, 06:37 AM
Middle mouse button - but it's the same like ctrl ...

WilliamVaughan
10 October 2002, 02:19 PM
it picks the axis you first move on.....

Jimstein
10 October 2002, 05:11 PM
Well in Orthogonal view it works well but in perspective… sometimes you have to try and try and… do this; rotate the view somewhat.. zoom out or do something else and it will probably work better the next time.

I think there still is no way to split this on several buttons… if it could be as in A|M or XSI . :drool: that would have been great!

Lightwave Is still a 4 window application… that is boring for us like me who like do everything in one perspective view.

WilliamVaughan
10 October 2002, 05:17 PM
I don't try and constrain movement in Perspective view...I use all 4 windows when I model...perspective view is great for selecting and getting a great view of the model....IMHO:thumbsup:

takkun
10 October 2002, 07:16 PM
I understand the concept of having 4 viewports but sometimes a point is easy to select in the perspective view but impossible to find in a wireframe orthographic view. I could drop the drag tool and then select the point so that I can see it in the other views but that's very time consuming.

Do any of the many prolific Lscripters out there take requests for new tools?

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.