View Full Version : How are they doing this effect

04 April 2005, 01:39 AM
I am pretty sure this is done in after effects, but I figure it probably can be done in photoshop. How to combine gradients without muddying up the graphic?

Ian Jones
04 April 2005, 02:02 AM
Do you mean specifically how to combine the blue and orange without blending them? In this case they have just made sure there is black imbetween.

04 April 2005, 10:15 AM
I suppose I didn't provide a clear enough graphic. The ones I've seen blend the gradients in such a way that they don't get muddy when they run together.

Here is a link to some examples, look at the fullscreen in the middle row, right hand side. The purple field melts into the gold glow without getting all brown and wierd.


04 April 2005, 04:49 PM
It's matter of blending two layers using masks (easier that way). That way there's no such transition from one color to another, which does happen when using gradients. Instead, there's a simple blending-in occurrence.

04 April 2005, 10:06 PM
It probably was done in Photoshop, then brought into After Effects. :P
They are just blending modes for the additive color, as for the rest it is just designed that way using gradients etc...

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2005, 10:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.