View Full Version : outdoor lighting

kzo
02 February 2002, 12:18 PM
okay i think i have another some what stupid question. :D
When i turn on ray tracing for distant lights they don't seem to produce any light and if they do its very dim. Why does this happen and what can I do about it?

JacquesD
02 February 2002, 03:20 PM
You'd better to post a print screen of your scene in perspective view and one of your 'Light properties' panel, that would be easier to see where the problem may comes from.

Daymeare
02 February 2002, 07:06 PM
But u can also try a diferent aproach
for example a sky dome with radosity and a null(actingas the sun ) then u just set light values as a gradient
taking data from the DISTANCE TO OBJECT (the sun null)
make the gradient so that u have the same high values at close range and much lower values further away
tweak the values until u like what u see ( u may wish to ad colour in the same way )

Move the null along the dome surface until it is in the position acording to what time it is

I works great for desert scenes

PS: Please excuse my english

kzo
02 February 2002, 01:42 PM
I fixed it. i have a dome over the scene for the sky and when i changed it to unseen by rays or disable the lights for it, it works. i dont know why. thanks anyways

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.