View Full Version : Master and Servant 3D Entry: Michael Madic'

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 11:41 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1112528506_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1112528506_large.jpg)

Here is a first look at brutes tower...you can see the foundation or supports.....Whats under the cover is the tower itself....plenty of detail is coming,but you can at least see a shape there.....

The supports will be mounted onto a Coral mesa like rock formation.....which will be sitting within a very turbulent sea....The supports allow the actual architecture more safe distance from the rough wild sea below,,,,,

This is a 15% or so WIP......

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 11:43 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1112528604_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1112528604_large.jpg)

Another angle.....

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 11:45 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1112528730_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1112528730_large.jpg)

WIRE....

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 11:47 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1112528854_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1112528854_large.jpg)

ace4016
04 April 2005, 11:48 AM
Man, thats beautiful. And it's only 15% done? Nice, I don't know what else to say.

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 11:49 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1112528965_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1112528965_large.jpg)

.............A closer look at the lamppost......

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 11:51 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1112529062_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1112529062_large.jpg)

Lamppost WIRE...

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 11:55 AM
Thankyou ace.......Lots to do....this is very early..textures.plantlife,many details to go.....and then of course the stars of the show brute and his Rudes.....I can see 20 hour days ahead for me...........:wip: :arteest: ......it's now 5:00 AM....see what I mean.............;)

3dRaven
04 April 2005, 11:56 AM
Finally :)....a rolling stone gathers no moss.....so let hope this project rolls on till its end :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 12:00 PM
Thankyou Greg........But I kind of like moss.......in fact I love it....;) ......For you.....:beer:

Deadlyforce
04 April 2005, 12:02 PM
Excellent modeling !
Waiting for more...:thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks very much Norman.......More is coming....I just have to figure out how to stay up for 20 hours a day....................;)

JHarford
04 April 2005, 12:06 PM
Nice start !, good luck along the way :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 12:07 PM
Ok...Joey....thanks.......But first at least 4 hours sleep.......a mountain of creations await......see you soon.....;) :arteest:

Onsloh
04 April 2005, 12:11 PM
Oh my Mate!:eek: :eek: Just WOW! brilliant once again.This is a masterpiece in the making!Dont sleep,get more updates in.Love it.keep it coming mate.:bowdown:

monsitj
04 April 2005, 12:23 PM
Michael , you are very fast , your style is unique , now I'm very slow because of ps2 God of war:banghead: hope to finished it first before come back to challenge:sad:

Karlstok
04 April 2005, 01:01 PM
Wicked,you got some killer skill set,amazing imagination and style.Real top notch and unique model'in,cant wait to see this all together and textured.:buttrock:

Kanga
04 April 2005, 01:40 PM
Nice update Michael!

Itsa comin along preeeeety queeekly.
Keep it up speedy :thumbsup:

Gunilla
04 April 2005, 01:58 PM
Finally! An update worth waiting for - it's coming along in classic Virtuoso way :thumbsup:
I love it how you stage your drama - both in your scene and in your presentation of it here, just keep doing what you do.

jddog
04 April 2005, 01:58 PM
Hi Michael,
following your works particularly in this CGtalk contests (machine, gso...) I had to say that you have a wonderful style for architectures, design and characters. I really like this unique style. At this time I can't imagine how this will come out, but I like it and I'm alltimes more curious to see up-dates.

Excellent figure and wonderful model and architecture. :wip: bravo !

Jdd

artemesia66
04 April 2005, 02:04 PM
It's quite a universe you're building through these challenges. Loads of character and interest as usual. :thumbsup:

tilite
04 April 2005, 02:39 PM
HOAH!! now this is what im talkin bout!.. now thats a nice lil update for u... lol.
dont have any crits coz frankly i only just skimed over it... so excited had to post:bounce: . gotta go back now and have a detailed look.

sleep... pfft. who needs that. stayed up for 62hrs (with only 1 1hr sleep 2 days into it) last semester to finnish in time for end of semester crits.........ouch! killed me! u know what the best thing about it was that after i stopped presenting and tutors started commenting i actually fell asleep leaning on the wall :blush:. only for a few seconds till i stumbled:banghead:.

just thought i would share that...lol

oh yeh, and great work, lol:thumbsup:

mr_carl
04 April 2005, 02:46 PM
Exelent :bounce:

Really great work, I really love youre arcitecture skills :applause:

Keep up the good work.

Carl.

overcontrast
04 April 2005, 04:22 PM
just as i thought, a LAMP!! yaaay... man its like ur signature, and man ur good at it!!... awesome modleing and love that yellow lighting... keep going man... u seem to be rolling on ur wheels really well....
btw what happend to ur Brunte? is he alive or fainted?...MUHAHAHA anywas i'll b waiting for more updates :thumbsup: c ya aroung my good friend :buttrock:

Johnlittle
04 April 2005, 07:54 PM
Ahaaa.The first of those updates has arrived.And as always it's Classic.Excellent in all facets Michael,creative and stylish.Clocks on for that next update.;) Fantastic effort once again.:buttrock:

jdsb
04 April 2005, 08:16 PM
Looking excellent.Thats a heavy update.I hope the proportion of the brute is huge in comparison to the architecture in your coming updates :)

rastko
04 April 2005, 08:45 PM
Awesome modelling Madic, keep up good work! :applause:

and... Srecno! :)

TheFirstAngel
04 April 2005, 08:49 PM
holy ... awesome update! was time you burst your speed to the usual gear ;)
was not expecting something lesser thanthis. simply rocks the place mate!
hehehe, i wouldn't want to have to handle your final polycount. keep on rocking mate, superhottstuff (as usual) go Michael go!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

theuni
04 April 2005, 09:05 PM
Holy... I totally missed your thread until now... I already thought you would not be willing to take place in this contest :) These are some greate updates you did there. I really like this golden touch in there :thumbsup:

alex.h.
04 April 2005, 09:15 PM
at last we geat a pik on what you are up to, great work and se you mate :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Atwooki
04 April 2005, 09:31 PM
Hey, you've been busy, Michael! That's certainly a BRUTICUS of an update :D

Can't wait to see the rough sea effect..... this is gonna turn out to be an amazing piece!

Nice work :)

Chris

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 09:34 PM
alex.h........theuni......the1st_angel.....Abishai_......jdsb.....Johnlittle....overcontrast.....mr_carl.....tilite....artemesia66.....jddog....Gunilla....Kanga....Karlstok....monsitj

........................Thanks very much.....You make the long nights up in the laboooratory all the more satisfying......I am grateful for your interest and support at all times......Again thanks very much......back I go.............:wip: ....Updates will come quick and furious now.....the planning is set and the heavy workload is being hammered away....See you soon....:arteest:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 09:39 PM
Hi chris......Thanks......Yes the rough sea effect will be fun...it along with afterburn effects are a new weapon of mine....been looking deep into effects lately,cant wait to polish things off with them when all is said and done.....Thanks for stopping by.......back to the lab...........:wip:

Natethor
04 April 2005, 10:26 PM
Wow super creative design.Cant wait to see whats under that cover.Brutes got himself a nice pad.Super stuff man.:applause:

rattlesnake
04 April 2005, 11:07 PM
hey friend...i really missed to see your art...this design style is just so cool....So youre planning a really complete and full of art scene....keep going man ...youre doing it really nice as always....:bowdown:

Climax
04 April 2005, 11:54 PM
:drool::drool::drool: U made us wait.............but it was worth Michael!, looking great so far, keep'em comming! :thumbsup:

Micro26
04 April 2005, 12:16 AM
your modeling skill is outstanding
theres nothing to critic:thumbsup:

Kid-Mesh
04 April 2005, 12:50 AM
(Insert something worth while to say) .....Cant right now...speechless :bowdown:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 01:24 AM
Natethor:Thanks,I sure wish I could see whats under there too.Soon enough,it'll enter the 3D World....:arteest:

rattlesnake: Jorge Supersnake......Thanks my Amigo....Late nites of CG await,we know of those dont we...;) .....I sure hope you get that concept of your's going for this.....Thanks again.......see you soon.:arteest:

Climax:That's a lot of drool......Thanks...;) .....The updates are on turbo boost......Hope to get them in much more often now......get the coffee out ;) ,,,,,,,,Thanks Omar.....:arteest:

Mr Micro26: Thanks very much......nice of you to say.:arteest:

kid mesh: (Insert thankyou here........ ;) ) ....thanks for the support.:arteest:

Ok back to the OL' Lab......:wip:

mmoir
04 April 2005, 01:35 AM
Hey Michael,
You have got some nice intricate models going again for this contest . Good job and keep working at it.

Gregwid
04 April 2005, 02:10 AM
Stunning as always.Imagination and skills meet.Great execution to go with that style.looking excellent Mike.:applause:

Aethyrprime
04 April 2005, 03:13 AM
There we go... Very nice Michael! As always rockin with that architectural perfection!

madshooter
04 April 2005, 03:49 AM
Virtuoso: Man cool model, no doubt on your skills.
Keep the good work going:thumbsup: waiting for more rocking updates.

sumawut
04 April 2005, 05:15 AM
:bounce: Hi! Michael . :thumbsup: Very great work. I love it. Good Luck.:applause:

BlackDidThis
04 April 2005, 06:13 AM
hahaha... I don't know what exactly to compliment!

the creativity in your fantastic model? Or your creativity in presneting it through the drapes! I had a blast out of it. VERY good idea.
Sort of reminds me of a quote from Sophia Lorenz: "50 percent of sex apeal is from what you show them you could do... 50 percent of it is what they think you can"
Teasing Virtuoso? :blush:

I really tried to spare the time to examine your model. And even though it is bordered with details all through out. I think I would like to compliment the construction part of it most. I love seeing models that I am able to look at and say "Hey, that can actually work!". It is a very welcome change to what creativity blended with the latest softwares, tends to force people in to neverminding.
The support construction for the platform is very creative.. and it spreads the tension fantastically. I presume it must have been an outstanding relief to not be set in boundries to clients demands or regulations in creating this 'little' master-pieace.

All that said... I personally got a bit disapointed with the lamp post at first glance. It was a style I wasn't expecting. Hadn't expected to see obvious bolts in the model. Don't know why. And the general era of it is more proposing an ocean-liner of today... you know the pipes and all, which then the irregular piece is not too fitting into.
I am sure you have a mind to blend that into the rest. Even if you don't, I can't call it really disturbing. It shows work done on it with individual care. And this usually fits 3D objects into realistic place.

Oh boy I did my "type alot' thing again.

A fantastic update. Keep em coming!:thumbsup:

Black

Lemog
04 April 2005, 07:45 AM
no words... always your incredible style, for our eyes pleasure... thanks Michael, we're waiting impatiently the next pourcentages :scream:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

BlackNull
04 April 2005, 07:56 AM
hi Virtuoso, good luck on this challenge, I'm a late comer for the party hehe lots of details on your architecture, feed us more updates! :)

Goul
04 April 2005, 08:04 AM
Ok...the mad architectural session has started...damn :surprised ...what can i say.. ..hmm ...
"yahoooooooooo , more! more!" :applause:

lamarvisions
04 April 2005, 08:45 AM
"yahoooooooooo , more! more!" :applause:

Yup what more can be said.:eek: Charaters got tons of personality,love the concept,that face is just special.And this last update is something else.Plus promises so much more.Hats off to you.:bowdown:

Ravendsg
04 April 2005, 08:54 AM
WOO man! Nice updates! Really cool as expected from you! Reminds me of the Bouldersbros again hehehe :D Really great details and can't wait to see the finished work in the end man! :buttrock:

Tremoside
04 April 2005, 08:58 AM
Virtuoso's world of magical polygons and unbeliveable meshes of designs.

:bowdown::bounce::bowdown::bounce::bowdown:

I will crash my glasses. I don't see the details...there are too much! Excellent!

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 10:36 AM
mmoir

||) |V| |^|

gregwid

madshooter

sumawut sookvamdee

BlackDidThis

Lemog

=BlackNull=

Goul

lamarvisons

Ravendsg

Tremoside

{...................Thankyou................}

Thanks so much for your support and taking the time to give it to me....It means alot,and helps during those long nites up in the laboooooratory....Working hard and you make it all the sweeter as I do this......Appreaciated.......very much.....back to brutes skin tests,facial expression morph targets,blemishes,eye brows........His torso,his Equipment such as Boots,weapons, etc,etc... Rounding out the Rudes....Brutes Rudes design.....and the actual brutes tower building.........all over the place with it as you can see.....starting to get dizzy ;) ......................But it's beginning to take form.....Updates will come more regular now that the designs are set,and things should be in full gear.....Thanks again very much for your support........back I go to it......:wip:

Tranchefeux
04 April 2005, 11:40 AM
Hi,
That is there here you is set out again in your design delirious,
I like, go, go for the continuation. :bounce:

Magnusv
04 April 2005, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=Tremoside]Virtuoso's world of magical polygons and unbeliveable meshes of designs.

QUOTE]

I agree it's just a cut above,always unique and stylish,with flare and scope.Exceptional once again bro.:buttrock:

sonicstrawbery
04 April 2005, 02:01 PM
Oh yeah that's awesome ! Insame amount of details are coming, your achitecture style is fantastic Michael, really unique :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Versiden
04 April 2005, 02:28 PM
hey dude

you're an outstanding modeller and cg artist, and your previous works are amazing!

I think you're capable of so much more that you're not showing us. personally it seems it's just me in this forum.. but it's just too similar to the last one. Push it harder, suprise us!

Troof
04 April 2005, 02:38 PM
Nice man!
Really clean mesh and all! Love the enviroment

ihamid
04 April 2005, 05:40 PM
Hi Michael....updates i see :)!....great stuff and great ideas !.....:beer:!

Jackmars
04 April 2005, 08:52 PM
Thats frickin awesome,great idea with the cover for a wip too.Design and style are just spectacular.Now will this be added to your project as well.Anyways excellent ideas and modeling,keep them updates coming.:bounce:

Nekura
04 April 2005, 09:27 PM
Very interesting and cool models as always Michael. Can't wait to see how these develop! :wip: :thumbsup: :buttrock:

Cygnus-X
04 April 2005, 09:33 PM
Once again Great work Micheal I really like your caracter that is very promising keep it up mate :thumbsup:

THE Wizard
04 April 2005, 10:27 PM
WOW! no wait, I mean... WOW!

Voices inside my head:C'mmon there must be something more to say, than Wow!? What is that? Use the WORDS man, words!

Ok, ok.... let me try again. How about ........ W O W!

Voices inside my head: Ah, you're holpless idiot... He's gonna kick your 2D ass even if he is doing 3D challenge, and you say WOW?! Ok that's it. I'm no longer here! Godbye, looser (TRAS! <slaming the door inside my head!>)

THE Wizard
04 April 2005, 11:24 PM
did I said WOW?:bowdown:

Aethyrprime
04 April 2005, 11:33 PM
Hey Michael, have you ever seen Bart Sears work. I think you might get some ideas that would fit with your style of characters. I know you have been mostly in architecture so your still learning organics. Bart Sears specializes in Brutes... hehe, he had a character named Brute. Big tough guy. Big chin etc... You might find some of it useful. Anyway, keep em coming!

Poisen
04 April 2005, 01:31 AM
Fantastic!
i really like the detailing, and the cloth idea is killer!:cool:
this is going to be good, i can tell ..:bowdown:
are you using zbrush for composition Virtuoso?

DaddyMack
04 April 2005, 01:46 AM
Hi again there Virtuoso, great details, your pace is really picking up...
This will be classic;)

janhath
04 April 2005, 04:21 AM
Amazing start.The hear no evil idea for the servants to brute head to this scene work.Quite promising,and off to a start that shows you will reach it Michael.Excellent update,and best of luck in your continued efforts.:applause:

TheFirstAngel
04 April 2005, 04:26 AM
hahahaha, this guy has way too much time. go surfing! lol, just kidding. keep up the pace, those wf's beats da sh*blubber* out a tha box. keep it up michael, fast laps, looking good! rock on!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

madshooter
04 April 2005, 04:36 AM
Hi virtuoso, the lamp post is looking awesome, very good modeling:)

tilite
04 April 2005, 07:52 AM
this really is great u pulled out so much more than i expected.
how is that brute comming along anyway?... think i miss him:cry:
keep up the good work:thumbsup:

JHarford
04 April 2005, 09:58 AM
great work on the lamppost man!, and the vessel, very much detail. :bounce: ...hope you hvea lots of litle guys crawling round it :D. Looking forward to your next update

eddieellis
04 April 2005, 10:16 AM
its polygonrithic mate

SoniaNotRed
04 April 2005, 04:40 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

The first time I saw your work was in the last Challenge - I just loved those great houses you modeled! And now this!

Making up architecture is a blast!

Best of luck!:thumbsup:

sethart
04 April 2005, 07:53 PM
This just keeps gettin better and better.Love the idea and love where your headed with it all.Unique style and designs,it'll be great to see come together.GL.:thumbsup:

M477
04 April 2005, 10:30 PM
What a unique style you have! I remember following your GSO and thought 'that' was good! No comments to help you, just praise to keep you going!

Good luck :buttrock:

alexfalchi
04 April 2005, 12:05 AM
very good concept...good look!!

Slav
04 April 2005, 12:21 AM
mr.3dhardcore. nothing more to say other then that. superb.

Wandddo
04 April 2005, 03:14 AM
Hi Virtuoso! Nice architectural piece...:thumbsup: keep it up

Hooch
04 April 2005, 08:21 AM
Wow! lost of details man, keep it up my friend! :thumbsup:

Climax
04 April 2005, 08:25 AM
Thats what I call a lot of wires, great job so far Michael:)

arturro
04 April 2005, 08:31 AM
Magic, simply kind of magic. The same nice spirit as usual. Keep it up! I wan't more:twisted:

Jeremypiven
04 April 2005, 08:01 PM
Hey Virtuoso,gorgeous start.Heheh,now thats a prop.:thumbsup: It'll be something esle to see this all together.Love the plan.And brutes mug is alreafy inspiring.:applause:

JHarford
04 April 2005, 08:26 PM
looking forward to an update man!.. hope everything is going well... :bounce:

mecman
04 April 2005, 09:29 PM
Insane concept Michael!! As I can see a lot of details are coming!!
See you and good luck mate!:thumbsup:

jdsb
04 April 2005, 09:31 PM
updates coming weoww http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon10.gif:bounce:

MDN67
04 April 2005, 09:41 PM
again a technical and precision modeling, good work:thumbsup:

Geta-Ve
04 April 2005, 10:43 PM
ahhhh, you and your golden wireframes! :D Thats cool man :)

Great job so far!

Vladvrz
04 April 2005, 03:10 AM
everyting in order buddie.Idea is time honoered,true master and servant with this no evil concept.great personality with head,just great.The setting too will make for incredible picture,I watching for next works.Wonderful starting.:applause:

Lemog
04 April 2005, 05:55 AM
No movement here, but where is Michael... certainly plunged in the work, then, patience :)

tilite
04 April 2005, 06:04 AM
that studio of ur's must be getting a fair workout... wheres an update.. need that next hit

TheFirstAngel
04 April 2005, 01:50 PM
well, that is Michael... making the crowds curious to drop another bomb, hehe, bring it on mate, we're waiting! update:bounce:! update:bounce:! update:bounce:!

Gunilla
04 April 2005, 02:18 PM
Yes Michael! Let us see what you've been up to. Update time! :scream:

Mandrake
04 April 2005, 05:22 PM
Long time no see Virtuoso.. its good to see you in great faith. I see you are still building your huge and methodically detailed worlds.. see you around

Climax
04 April 2005, 05:45 PM
you know what time is it?.............. YES! time for the next UPDATE! :D, C'mon Michael :buttrock:

gpepper
04 April 2005, 05:51 PM
Amazing modeling as usual Michael ! A great work for sure ! We can't stand to see what's next !! Update, update !

Aethyrprime
04 April 2005, 07:08 PM
*greedily rolls his hands.. whenever your gone from the site this long your cooking something big... Steak!? I mean... Servents... hehe..:wip:

Johnlittle
04 April 2005, 09:18 PM
I will continue the chant ** UPDATE** :bounce: Now did'nt you tell me you were going to have an update up by last night.:p In fact a couple of them by tomorrow,hahah.Common now Michael put them up!:bounce:

SuperXCM
04 April 2005, 01:20 AM
AMAZING, as usually... :thumbsup:

I don't understand really where your are going, but i know that the good way...:)
Good work my friend!! :beer:

Original style, and absolute technic.... i want to see more!! :bounce:

KangarooMan
04 April 2005, 08:30 PM
Hey there, really awesome job on the modeling! :thumbsup: I will certainly be keeping an eye on your progess.

Matt

altebanger
04 April 2005, 09:07 PM
*Bows* I saw the large croud gathers and rushed over to see what was going on;) AMAZING!! I love characture because it lets your actor emote better. Work like this is what keeps me at my station working away to learn to be as half as good as this someday.

*quietly works his way back into the crowd to wait for the next splenderous update*

tuck
04 April 2005, 09:03 AM
Hi Virtuoso see you again.your model is very heavyweight and very very detail again na.
good job and luck:eek: :thumbsup:

beelow
04 April 2005, 11:33 PM
i really like your 3d work. It is intense how much detail you have put into your models. Good Hustle.

6foot5
04 April 2005, 11:58 PM
hey michael , i think the people want to see more work from you and i dont blame them, beautifull modelling on what you done so far, interesting concept..this ones definetely one to watch. good luck!:thumbsup:

alexfalchi
04 April 2005, 12:10 AM
No update here??:( ok I wait!!

blackdragoncg
04 April 2005, 12:59 AM
Yeah! me too :D

element5
04 April 2005, 10:24 AM
Mr Madic,

Hello my friend, project is looking good so far :) No crits from me :thumbsup:

WimH
04 April 2005, 01:29 PM
Damn looks complicated. Just like you're previous works. Good luck

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224025&page=4&pp=15

WimH
04 April 2005, 01:29 PM
Damn looks complicated. Just like you're previous works. Good luck

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224025&page=4&pp=15

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 08:46 PM
Hi......... dropping by to thank all those that have come by with your support.......Really appreaciated.......Thanks very much.......:arteest:

............I have been very busy......but have spent alot of time in the ol' lab.......I got lot's going,just have to bake some renders for updates here......I should get about 4 of them up in this next week.......So far all is on schedule,just got to get those WIP's up....:wip:

............having lots of fun,and things are pretty exciting.......Workng on "brutes Toy" now.....;) .........Well got lots going on.....kind of all over the place......I'll post an update tonite,and be much more regular with them as of now.....

............Thanks again very much for your interest and support.........Update right around the corner.....Back I go to that ol' labooooratory.....:wip: :arteest:

Climax
04 April 2005, 10:28 PM
Great to hear that! I'll be waiting those updates anxiously, and wish u lots of luck in your other projects! :thumbsup:

Aethyrprime
04 April 2005, 12:14 AM
wow...still holding back eh... boy the suspense is killing me.. lol! :wip:

Zephyri
04 April 2005, 01:24 AM
Hi Michael, thought I'd drop by and check out your work. Not having the slightest clue as to how the exceptionally complicated world of 3D art works, I can't give you any crit on the technical aspect, though I hardly think you need it judging from most of the more informed commenters here! I have to say though, your concept and the way you've come up with your ideas shows great scope of mind, and the last update is quite mind blowing even in its wireframe mode. I can't even begin to comprehend how long it must take to get that to a finished textured and lighted picture. Can't wait to see how all the elements turn out and then finally fit together!

jdsb
04 April 2005, 01:34 AM
oh man,i cant wait,please update:cry::cry::cry::banghead::wip::argh:

viag
04 April 2005, 02:58 AM
its really impressive to see your madskill in modelling , keep this good work :applause:

angel
04 April 2005, 05:27 AM
Nice work Michael. You have a very distinctive style.:thumbsup:

pigwater
04 April 2005, 11:52 AM
just a test ... do really read all these post Virt ??? lol

Tremoside
04 April 2005, 12:37 PM
Hallooo...Have a nice day! :wavey:

Virtuoso
Hi again.......Thanks very much guys for your support and continued interest,I am very grateful......:beer:

I am buzzing away at my entry here.....got some renders baking......I hope to get 3 to 4 updates up this week......The first should be up within a couple hours......If all goes well...;)

I am working on brutes body,and his "Toy".....should have this all done by Friday or so........I should get started then on Brutes "Rudes" while I texture brute and his Toy......

So thanks again to you all for your kind words and interest......be back shortly with one of those updates........:arteest:

Versiden
04 April 2005, 09:03 PM
man what a pleasure to have renders going and being able work on something else..
im jealous now..

waiting for updates... ;p

alexfalchi
04 April 2005, 09:33 PM
we waiiit virtuoso we waiiitttt:thumbsup:

morgan
04 April 2005, 10:39 PM
Amasing models. Respect

alex.h.
04 April 2005, 12:02 AM
loking forward for mooooorrrreeeee. see you mate and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

atra
04 April 2005, 08:59 AM
Hey, Michael, you seem very popular here... And I see why
You are creative, and I must say your style is very original.

Great work, mate :)

I can hardly wait to see the final image :)

Redf
04 April 2005, 05:25 PM
loking forward for mooooorrrreeeee.

Yah come on now Mike,More!:bounce:

alexfalchi
04 April 2005, 07:28 PM
:cry::cry::cry: Pleaseeee!!

:thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 07:31 PM
Ok....Ok coming up....got things sorted out......;)

Be back in a bit with one of those planned updates for the week...thanks very much to all again for your interest......See you in a bit.....:arteest:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 08:00 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1113336055_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1113336055_large.jpg)

This is a first head texture test for Brute......I am wor=king with both Max 7 and Zbrush....my first Zbrush creation actually.....This is a 75% WIp.....I have another layer of texture in the works...A wrinkle map....I will add a bit more wear and age to brute with this...He is pretty much in his prime (The big lug) so I will give a faint touch of wrinkles beyond what you see now,as age has not yet taken over Big Brute as of yet.....

Not a final...a final is coming along with brutes body later this week.....Thanks very much for your continued support and interest.....

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 08:03 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1113336207_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1113336207_large.jpg)

.........Another angle...be back with the finished texture and Brutes fully modeled body real soon......I will be giving him face morphs as well,andsome extra hair for the nose and ears...please remember that he is a caricature,,,,.........Back to the lab I go.....Thanks very much once again for your continued support....

mecman
04 April 2005, 08:05 PM
Wow man! nice skin shader and textures!! the veins are awesome!!:applause:
Nice up!! Keep it mate!!

Johnlittle
04 April 2005, 08:07 PM
OMG Virt :eek: .Just spectacular.The modeling is great,the textures are just brilliant.:bowdown: And this guy has such personality built in.Just a great face.Love the eyebrows too.Cant wait to see it all,major props to you,amazing,just WOW.:bowdown:

sonicstrawbery
04 April 2005, 08:09 PM
Wow :applause:

This is pretty cool Michael, i love the head of this guy, really charismatic !

The textures are really cool so far, i like the color scheme and the veins you mad eon his forehead :thumbsup:

Looking forward for more my friend !

ihamid
04 April 2005, 08:12 PM
hi michael ...superb textures :)!....ur enjoying this heheh...great a progress .... impatient to see more pal! ...:arteest::arteest:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 08:13 PM
Mecman........Johnlittle..........cipher......that was real quick...thanks very much.....I appreaciate your words and thoughts very much......It'll make those long nights in the ol' lab all the more worth it........thanks again very much.....:arteest:

DaddyMack
Whoah Michael, I was wondering when we'd get to see what you were doing again... You don't disappoint do you... Deadly work my friend:thumbsup:

Good luck building him a bod;)

Virtuoso
yunisirees..................I just missed you....thanks too.....Besides architecture and vessels I am concentrating on characters now much more.....Your words mean alot to me...Thanks again....:arteest:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 08:18 PM
daddymack......Thanks.....I am building him one now....got most of it done actually.....will give him a "Zbrush shower" as our friend 1st angel calls it ;) .....My first work in Zbrush..mixed in with Max and Maya of course......Thanks for your words.....:arteest:

smaddl
04 April 2005, 08:24 PM
great :applause: strong and appealing character. the eye shader is fantastic .

Karlstok
04 April 2005, 08:28 PM
W:eek: W! Simply amazing.Textures,eyes, eyebrows.love the features and facial expression.1ST rate and bar raising stuff dude.Give him a body quick.Awesome stuff.Congrats.:buttrock:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 08:32 PM
smaddl.......Thankyou......Brute thanks you too.....very nice of you to say so......:arteest:

karlstok........Thanks as well,glad you like him.....still got some things to do with him besides body work and extras.....thanks again....:arteest:

Deadlyforce
04 April 2005, 08:35 PM
Waow ! It was worth the wait !
This looks like what I would call a mighty update !!:D

Stunning work ! nothing special to crit on this...:thumbsup:

gpepper
04 April 2005, 08:45 PM
Sure he is really cool ! Love the style and the texture ! very unique ! great job Michael ! :thumbsup:

alex.h.
great work virtuoso, but i want to see more from your (lab) please, see you mate and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ghostent
04 April 2005, 08:48 PM
Killer work.Damn that is cool.Great textures,details,it's all fantastic man.Real killer top notch stuff.Wow whats this going to look like when all done.excellent job.:buttrock: :buttrock:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 08:55 PM
Deadly force.......Thankyou......I hope to give him the body he deserves.....I like the big lug.....;)

gpepper......thanks...it makes the hard efforts more the worthwhile.....:arteest:

alex.h...........More is coming...got to upload and bake a few ready for showing creations this week as I continue to work.....The lab is humming ;) .....Thanks very much.....:arteest:

ghostent...........Thanks to you too.I will give it my best.......:arteest:

Climax
04 April 2005, 08:56 PM
He looks very sure of himself, Also very funny because of the style, somehow it reminds me of Asterix comic books, but with a cool realistic touch, :arteest: I like his eyes though i see the white area too shine, maybe try another color for the eyebrows a darker one so there is a funny contrast in his face, maybe as he was red haired :thumbsup::buttrock::cool:

3dRaven
04 April 2005, 08:58 PM
In total shock :eek:....those eyebrows just gave him a total boost in the personality department..Great stuff Virtuoso :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 09:02 PM
Climax......I like the white ones......he is living in a sun drenched Coral reef......hair get's whiter or lighter there.....Itried other colors.....this fits him just like I want....;) .....I still got 25% to do on him texture wise,eye wise.....I'll get that done this week as I finish his body......Thanks Omar....:arteest:

3dRaven...........Thanks very much greg.....makes those lonely nights in the lab all the more satisfying....:arteest:

alexfalchi
04 April 2005, 09:26 PM
:bounce: :buttrock: :applause: Yesss Yess this is fantastic face mate!! nice work really and nice eyes...
fantastic virtuoso...keep it strooong:thumbsup:

Onsloh
04 April 2005, 09:29 PM
Now that's a character with *Character* mate :buttrock: .Superior skin texture,great extra scar and the eyes are brilliant mate.Those eyebrows are bleeding awesome.Hope to see the rest shortly.Must say I am counted as very impressed mate.You banged it straight on.:applause:

morgan
04 April 2005, 09:30 PM
Looks very good... alive... hehe... Looking forward

TheFirstAngel
04 April 2005, 09:59 PM
Hey mate. Fantastic update. the texture looks very good, fine nuances and great details on the skintextures and superawesome eye textures. great update! keep on rocking mate... bout buying pretty pretta... hahahaha, won't work, she's stubborn, pround and able to make diamonds and pearls herself, so he won't come around writing lyrics n showing all facettes personality.... lol. ;) hahahaha, i can see a love letter from a warlord:

"My beloved goddess, you are the blood on my waraxe, that is krushing lovely singing trough my enemys skulls. Looking into your eyes makes me feel like bathing in my enemys blood, your name is lovely as warcrys in the the mornig air.... "

hahaha would be too funny to see him grabbin' out his romantic side in him... lol. keep it up mate! rock em all!:buttrock: :thumbsup: :beer:

mr_carl
04 April 2005, 10:14 PM
Exelent work as allways.

Carl.

theuni
04 April 2005, 10:17 PM
Nice modeling Michael, looks like you get along well in ZBrush... I just got to dig me deeper into this programm... but no time aaahhhh... I wanted to learn so much and now I`m just painting :) Great impression you caught on his face :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 10:21 PM
alexfalchi................ Thanks......I'll keep it strong extra with your nice support....thanks Alex......:arteest:

Onsloh........... Really nice words,thanks,gives me extra push.....your too nice.:arteest:

Morgan.......Thanks.....he is one live big lug......lots of trouble too....too much life in him sometimes.....;)

Sacha.............Lol..........brute never offered her pearls and diamonds....Just a chest of treasure and a couple jugs of rum.........oh and his body too,along with his "Crown jewels ;) .......but since she is not willing......brute will just grab her by the hair (caveman style) and take her to his Tower.....The rest is XXX-rated......;)

......It would be funny to see him recite poetry to her however this is true......But he'll stick to the caveman routine......She likes it that way anyways....she tells him that all night long,brute tells me this while I work on him up in the lab................;) :arteest:

Jackmars
04 April 2005, 10:40 PM
Incredible textures.Love the eyes they are gorgeous.Eye brows are so fun.Just love his face it's totally got a great look and full of strength and a kind look too,even though he loks tough as nails.Really superior in all regards man.:applause: :applause:

Wandddo
04 April 2005, 10:40 PM
Fantastic Michael! The skin textures I appreciated a lot! Once again I should say great shader on eyes, they seem real!!:eek: I'm anxious and curious for more updates... Keep on going with this amazing work friend :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Cya

jdsb
04 April 2005, 10:48 PM
holy F$%^ ,my jaw is on the 1st floor,i live on the 10th floor BTW :buttrock:that is some SIIIIIIIICK texturing man, absolutely fantastic....:bounce:, really :argh::applause::applause::applause:

go michael go michael go michael GO !!

jdsb
04 April 2005, 10:49 PM
one sec ,i missed this :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

mmoir
04 April 2005, 11:13 PM
Hey Michael,

The textures go great with the model , the eyebrows are cool too. Nice piece of work.:thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 11:15 PM
jackmars...........Thankyou very much.I am grateful for your thoughts,Real nice of you to stop by and give me support.......:arteest:

Wandddo..........I will keep coming best I can....thanks for the real nice thoughts,really appreaciate them.....:arteest:

JDSB.......What to say....but big thanks...I am happy you like my efforts.....I'll get him moving more and more......Got lots to do,but it' coming OK for now.....Real nice of you......but your too kind......Thanks again JD,thanks twice ;) ..........:arteest:

janhath
04 April 2005, 11:38 PM
Michael he is just gorgeous.In his own way :D .Wow what a fantastic job on the textures.The eyebrows,the scar,the eye shader is drop dead gorgeous.Love the beard,great creative design.The face is lovable.Hope to see him all as one really soon.Any chance of that?keep up the more than inspirational work.:bowdown:

Slav
04 April 2005, 11:47 PM
wonderful work mate. maybe next time i am going to try out for the 3d challenge. :):thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 11:54 PM
mmoir........... Thanks Mike...happy you like my progress.......:arteest:

janhath.......thanks pretty pretty......;) ....Yes I'll be finishing his body this week.....along with his "TOY".....Than come the Rudes (Brutes rudes) real troublemakers ;) ........cant wait for them......Thanks again for your support.....:arteest:

Slav........ That;ll be fun,you should,but I think you are doing quite the job in 2D already.......Thanks for coming by......:arteest:

ace4016
04 April 2005, 12:38 AM
Nice job on that big brute. Can't wait to see the brutish body you give him.

SuperXCM
04 April 2005, 12:39 AM
Yeah!! :cool:

Cool Update!!! I like it very much, Nice character this "Brute S.Maximus" and agree with Omar, it's look like an Asterix more realist.. but the eyes color don't disturb me, he is very cool!! :cool:

I'm waiting to see more update!! Want to see him finished!! :bounce:

Good work my friend!!:thumbsup:

:beer:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 01:23 AM
Mr.carl...... and Uni//......I missed your posts a while back...I was posting as you guys did......Thanks to you both.....really great to have your support and interest........:arteest: :arteest:

monsitj
04 April 2005, 02:58 AM
wow , nice progress , Michael ! your model is unique and shader is very cool! great work:thumbsup:

pigwater
04 April 2005, 02:59 AM
hey Virt .. fantastic first endeavor with Z ... your really bringing the brutes up another notch with this :thumbsup:

always fun to see the stuff you pump out ... just leave time for the beachbunnies :beer:

tilite
04 April 2005, 03:14 AM
ur update may be spread few and far but when they come... damn do they come!!! this is excelent... absolutly excellent:thumbsup: the colour in the eye; although it looks real at only a glance it looks fake... like the eye is cyrstal... have u thought about that, there is no real problem (but i had to pick on something and this was the only thing i could find... hehe:) ) but if u hvnt already noticed maybe a deeper colour would fix it in 2 seconds.

great work i cannot sress that enough!!! keep it up
ps: try to give us more updates:shrug:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: http://www.cgtalk.com/images/rating/rating_5.gif:)

lamarvisions
04 April 2005, 04:12 AM
Holy ! What an etremely expressive character.Just perfect texture and eye shader.The modeling and design are great.Love the extras you poured into this,like eyebrows and scar,that beard is real cool.Just over the top great work.Cant wait for the next installmant.:bounce: :applause:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 04:52 AM
ace4016............... SuperXCM.......... monsitj............. pigwater............ tilite....... lamarvisions............

Thanks very much,I really appreaciate your words of encouragement.....Thanks a whole lot to all that stop by,I'll keep hammering away :wip: up in the lab.....get those updates rolling.lots to do,but it sure is fun......Thanks very much again to you all.......

Hooch
04 April 2005, 06:10 AM
arrgggg!! you're working on textures already man! :D
I wish I have more free time to work on my models too.... :sad:

anyway, Great modeling and textures are looking great. :wise:

I want to see more mate! :applause:

Gunilla
04 April 2005, 06:22 AM
Wonderful update Michael! The textures for Brute is real sweet and good to see you got so comfortable with ZB already. When do we get to see more? :):thumbsup:

tilite
04 April 2005, 06:36 AM
oh i just noticed...

where the mouth joins the face it looks rather like... a frog honestly :P

u might just want to thin out the lips atleast the upper one... but once again great work... are u finnished with the eye?

Crazydesign
04 April 2005, 06:54 AM
WOW! superb model and even greater texture, siply amazing.:applause:
Love to lear from you...sooo good.

like to see the rest of him completed soon.

jimmy,

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=228027 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=228027)

Versiden
04 April 2005, 07:05 AM
nicely executed with style Mike, the 5 'o clock shadow is just candy.. The brows are coming along nicely. I would suggest giving each strand a slight curve at varying lengths. Keep it up, nice update!

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 07:23 AM
Hooch.............Gunilla..............tilite...........Crazydesign..........Versiden.........

............Thanks for stopping by with the kind words support and suggestions.....it's WIP,so tweaks are still in session.....doing so now along with brutes body.....Thanks again for your comments and support......:arteest: :arteest:

Gregwid
04 April 2005, 07:50 AM
Wheweeeee #*@!*#!#* damn son :eek: :eek: ,What you been cookin up!Just a cut above the norm man.Really impressive.Super character,great look and expression,subperb details with the eyes and brows,the beard.The textures are astounding.Superior stuff partner.That body is gonna be something to behold.You start on them servants yet? Alright just real impressive,hope for more soon.:applause:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 09:36 AM
Hi greg....whats up? Nice of you to come by and be so kind,way too kind.The body is in the works....max to Zbrush and back again.....The servants (Brutes rude's) are designed and I'll get to them later this week.....cant wait actually got some real fun things planned for them....They are true "Scalawags"......Thanks alot for your interest and real nice words greg,take care...see you soon ...:)

teapoter
04 April 2005, 01:02 PM
good job i waiting for your final image

artemesia66
04 April 2005, 03:25 PM
he looks great! are you doing your textures in ZB as well as displacements? a couple of tiny crits: his five o'clock shadow seems to have a very hard edge, and (more in the nature of a wish than a crit), i'd love for that scar to have a bit of colour to it. good stuff. :applause:

markovicd
04 April 2005, 03:35 PM
hey virt looking great , i just don`t like his eyebrows.. i think they should be darker ( darker color ) and shorter... ;)

gl with work

Natethor
04 April 2005, 05:41 PM
Now thats beyond the call of duty,what a bitchin piece of work.This guy looks the part,tough and fierce,but looks like a good guy.Tons of charisma and personality.Spectacular real skin and those eye shaaders are top flight.Love the eyebrows,all of it is uber excellent man.Fantastic work!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

suk-grigorij
04 April 2005, 05:50 PM
Yap. brute is brute. Cool.

My thread http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224891&page=1&pp=20

rattlesnake
04 April 2005, 06:05 PM
freind the skin ..is going very nice...youre doing really well for your first zbrush creation!...i think this character is going to look really alive once finished...good work man...just keep on rockin`!!:buttrock:

DaVee
04 April 2005, 06:33 PM
The head you posted is really fabulous. One thing the scare on his cheek is a bit coarse, i think. (just my opinion)

really nice textures color also. :thumbsup:

david.

Brent3D
04 April 2005, 06:36 PM
Now your talking. Good stuff on the textures for the head. Keep it up!

sethart
04 April 2005, 07:14 PM
:eek: Wow* Super duper.Awesome texture and eye shader,the whole thing is super stuff.Awesome facial features.Bring more soon.

overcontrast
04 April 2005, 07:25 PM
so my good freind updates!!... looking really good man really good... like that 'Yeah Right' look in his face... keep up the good works mate!! :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 10:03 PM
teapoter........Thanks........but lots more to do until the final......

artemesia66........Doing textures in both Max and brush....Little painting in brush on the model......this is my first taste of brush so I am experimenting and testing......My servants the Rudes will get a large Zbrush shower......now that I have a better feeling with Zbrush.....I am adding a wrinkle map too to brute,,,not drastic as he is in his prime......but some age and wear and tear.....The scar has already gotten some added color since my update.......The beard is done this way intentionally,a hard intentionally designed cut.....Ok thanks for stopping by.....:)

markovicd.......Hi darko....The darker eyebrows dont fit him.I tested many variations......taste thing I quess too......I like the bushy look,a "Caricature" such as brute needs the brows thick and wild....normal ones just dont fit a guy like him......Plus the light color is due to the fact that he lives in a Coral sea within a swamp type World....very humid and hot,sunny...the
eye-brows get very light and even white due to being in the sun at all times.....Thanks darko for coming by....:arteest:

........Natethor....... Thanks alot for the kind comments,still got lots to do,stay tuned.....:arteest:

suk-grigorij...... Yes brute is brute....he thinks he is cool too......Thanks.......

rattlesnake........Hi Jorge....I'll keep pushing him,getting close to what I want.....I think.....Thanks for coming by Supersnake.....:arteest:

DaVee...............Thankyou.....it's an old scar..it's got to be course actually....but I have already added some color,it's more fresh now.....Thanks for the kind words too.....:)

Brent3D.............Thankyou.....I'll keep it coming fast and hard in the fastlane.....

sethart.............Ok I'll keep it coming best I can.....thankyou for the comments....

overcontrast.......Yes he does have an attitude...and that look.......Thanks for your words and support.......:)

.........................Ok back to it I go.........more tweaks,and finish off the big lug Brutes body....Thanks..........:arteest:

altebanger
04 April 2005, 11:20 PM
The name is very apprapoix for the character :) Can't wait to see the servants.

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 12:03 AM
altebanger..............Yes the name fits.....but you can still see a nice good guy side to him as well.........At least I do.....:) ........Thanks for stopping by....:arteest:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 12:08 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1113437309_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/challenge/entries/9/6072/6072_1113437309_large.jpg)

......A little more tweaking...just gave "Brute" a small Zbrush shower....added some intensity and depth,little more work with the specular map,some more umph.....I'll now give him another layer of wrinkles....a nice touch,not too overboard as he he still in his prime...not old enough to have too many wrinkles just yet...Than a final Zbrush session.....

Working as well on his "Brutish body"......Ok then thanks for your interest.......

JHarford
04 April 2005, 12:20 AM
:scream: looking even better now!, the textures are really nice and give life too him :D. Good work man. keep it up well.

Magnusv
04 April 2005, 02:05 AM
Hey Mikey ;) Showstopping work,aces across the board from modeling to textures bud.Now thats a character with pizazzz.Top shelf my man.:buttrock:

Neeno
04 April 2005, 02:18 AM
textures looking great micheal.. fantastic work from you!

altebanger
04 April 2005, 03:07 AM
Overall a good soul but very intimidating look. :) Once ya get to know him and such...someone you'ld want on your side.

alex.h.
04 April 2005, 05:39 AM
love the texturing on brut ,cant wait for more great work.see you mate and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 06:27 AM
Stripe......thanks,moving along,got quite the load ahead of me......but you know that......;)

Magnusv..........Mag thanks alot,brute's blushing now......:blush:

Neeno............ Thanks for your thoughts.....Appreaciated very much.....:arteest:

altebanger........ yes he's a good guy to hang with when rum drinking,skirt chasing,and treasure hunting......Thanks.....:arteest:

alex.h.......... Thank's Alex.......more coming............hammering away at it....:arteest:

digones
04 April 2005, 06:41 AM
you have a really good character coming up, I'm enjoying! :buttrock:

cheers

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 08:51 AM
digones.......... Thankyou......More coming ASAP......:arteest:

Crazydesign
04 April 2005, 08:53 AM
Going strong virtuoso? another great day for moddeling.http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

May the force be with youhttp://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

jim,

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=228027 (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=228027)

Claireabella
04 April 2005, 09:07 AM
........ that's one hell of a guy you've got there. Awesome! :applause: Claireabella

smallone3d
04 April 2005, 09:20 AM
Just amazed at the talent here!

Look at the veins on the head..love it :buttrock:

Nekura
04 April 2005, 09:31 AM
Wow Virtuoso.. that is really amazing! I love the eyebrows and the detail of the skin. Top notch stuff man.. very nice! :applause:

Gregwid
04 April 2005, 09:50 AM
Whew again awesome Michael.I would'nt go too overboard with the last layer of wrinkles.Just a touch maybe.He looks real ready now.Just an awesome piece partner.Top stuff man.:buttrock:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 12:03 PM
Crazydesign............Thanks for the power of the force.....I'll need it......:arteest:

Claireabella.............. You got him blushing now Clairabella.........:blush: ,,,,but he thanks you.........:arteest:

smallone3d..........Thanks very much......lots to do,but words like that are very helpful within the whole process,thanks very much smallone3D......:arteest:

Nekura.............. Really very kind of you,I appreaciate your words very much,and thankyou for your constant support and interest,it's a great aid......This is for you.................:beer:

Gregwid.......Hi greg....yes I'll just give him a touch of wrinkles beyond where I am now....a bit more age and wear and tear......a bit more grit..........Thanks for your comments too really nice of you to say so.......take care greg......:arteest:

rattlesnake
04 April 2005, 02:33 PM
yes is looking better friend....the imagecolor looks very nice man...i wanted to say that your eyes shader is very cool too...he looks so real...good job...waiting for the 100% test man:bounce:

alexfalchi
04 April 2005, 02:34 PM
Ok it's time....upppp please:)

Kanga
04 April 2005, 02:47 PM
Crazy eyebrows!
Wicked expression!
Commin along just fine without my crits :thumbsup:

BlackDidThis
04 April 2005, 04:16 PM
Hey great! Updated!! :)

Your Brut is SURE living up to his name! I really liked what you have done with the eyes and the brows.. gives a great character to him. Honestly what I had hoped to be seeing but failed to find in your earlier post regarding to his prestate.

Keep em up! :)

Black

Jeremypiven
04 April 2005, 06:33 PM
Wow man :eek: !! Thats as good as it gets bar none anywhere anytime.What a personality,written all over him,superior textures,eye shaders are dreamy and the eyebrows are just crazy great.Cant wait to see what you got in store for that body.Is it a skinny one,hahah.:applause:

eddieellis
04 April 2005, 09:00 PM
great work dude, love the eyebrows

jdsb
04 April 2005, 09:40 PM
still incredible:wip::wip::wip::argh:

Adriano-Zanetti
04 April 2005, 11:11 PM
hehe, on the other side, easy to find you , I just have to sort out the M&S entry's list by "most viewed entry" and there you are :) :thumbsup: ...you're the star !
Anyway, pointless to say you're doing good out there, i'll try to catch up :bounce: !

pe@ce

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 11:41 PM
rattlesnake..........Supersnake.....Thanks.....hanging with you and I'll get all the right skin blends and tones down just right.........:arteest:

alexfalchi........ Ok....coming up...thanks for your interest Alex....:arteest:

kanga.......Thanks,,,,brute thanks you too......;)

Blackdidthis..............thanks,,,still got some more final touches,,,,it's coming/////real nice of you to come by.....:arteest:

jeremypiven.........real nice of you to think so,real kind .....thanks very much......Nope the body wont be thin.......Brutes a brute....needs his muscles......Thanks again very much for your thoughts.....:arteest:

eddiellis................Thanks......appreaciated....:arteest:

JDSB...............your way too kind.....but I am not complaining....Thanks as always JD....:beer:

Adriano............so we found one another......good for us.....heres to that and to us having fun here.....:beer: .....thanks ......

..................back to the ol' lab........:wip:

6foot5
04 April 2005, 12:58 AM
wow, that brutes guy is comming along great, i love the throbbing veins in the head, great touch. nothing else i can say except keep going, we are looking forward to seing this one finished. :thumbsup:

p.s. ive noticed a lot of artists have now incorporated zbrush into their workflow, ive never really used it before, is it it worth looking into? thanks.

Geta-Ve
04 April 2005, 01:31 AM
sorry I dont have time to read all the previous posts so I will ask out right.. Howed you dot he hair? :p

great job so far man!

though some of the texture looks a bit blurry..

ArtisticVisions
04 April 2005, 02:08 AM
Brute's already looking pretty damn impressive there, Michael. :) :thumbsup:

When he's completed, you have any plans of him taking on the governor of California (Mr. Ah-nold himself)? :D

Maxko
04 April 2005, 02:21 AM
hehe :) i like model and texture also. GREAT!

angel
04 April 2005, 02:42 AM
Hey Michael, nice update. You know, I don't think those eyebrows would work with any other model, but on this one they look cool.:buttrock:

creativer
04 April 2005, 03:58 AM
Looking good mate! Can't wait to see more!

Miyagi
04 April 2005, 08:24 AM
Hi Virtuoso.

Your brute character...What can I say?...is amazing:applause:.
I'm eager to see it done man.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224272&page=1&pp=15&highlight=Rogerio+Masao
My Master And Servanthttp://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

aliasali
04 April 2005, 08:44 AM
Hey,havnt checked this one! Great! loved ur style! so stylish!:thumbsup:

Dutchman
04 April 2005, 09:32 AM
Finally I found some time to check out your stuff & reply, Michael... ;) It looks really cool around here! (As always ;) ) Your architectural modelling looks really awesome! Also it's cool that we now see more of your charactermodelling... I think its kind of more improving... :) The brows (hairs ;) ) and texturing of that last milestone-face, is really coool! :buttrock:

Really allt good luck, Michael, and we'll meet again here soon! ;)

Have a nice day :) & Greetz,
Gijs

Steveyola
04 April 2005, 09:45 AM
Whoa! Now thats a bitchin head bro.Set aside the modeling and textures,the extras like the veins and brows,excellent eye shader and supa cool beard,plus that skin is real.what I like most is the style and look of this guy.What a frickin face bro.Personality city! You strike again.Cant wait for whats next.:bounce:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 10:46 AM
6foot5.......... Thanks for the kind thoughts....... Yes Zbrush is a wonderful product for any artist...... I am new to it...it is very intuitive.....there is a required learning curve....but well worth the effort....For brute I used it a bit.....getting the feel for it....with his body more so........but for brutes Rudes...I will go even more so with Zbrush.....Yes I would "Highly" recommend it......:thumbsup:

Geta-Ve..........Thanks.......and I am using hair FX.....You'll see much more as I move forward.....I'll be using hair and fur quite extensivly.......get out those "vectors":arteest: for hair and fur control......

ArtisticVisions......thanks....mr.Ah-nold knows better than to mess with 8 foot tall 500 pound brute.......hey.....by the way,we share the same birthday....May 9th....:beer:

Maxko.......Thankyou,I am grateful for your thoughts.....:arteest:

SNoWs........Yes....at first I had normal ones.....they were way off for this big lug....Than the bushy ones and xxxagerated ones came about,and they fit well for him....a caricature needs this I think......Plus the blond.whitish type fit his world...a sun drencehed coral reef swamp type region......the brows get very light out there......therefore you have what you see......Thanks angel for coming by......:arteest:

creativer.....Hi how are you?Nice to see you around......Thanks for the support.....appreaciated.....:beer:

Miyagi............I am eager to see him and his rudes done too.....Thanks for stopping by.....getting there step by step.....:cool:

Madlight_1988Thanks,I'l try to continue in this way as always......thanks for the support madlight_1988..........:arteest:

Dutchman......nice to see you......Still gaurding that border?yes time for more character modeling to go along with my architecture and vessels.....Stay tuned.....I'll be looking for your thread too......:arteest:

steveyola.............really very nice of you to think so.....lots more to do,it's fun.and your support is very much appreciated......more coming "soonish".......Thanks Steve...see you soon......:arteest:

Vilpep
04 April 2005, 11:36 AM
Is amazing.I wishing to see more soon.Fantastic texture and model face.:buttrock:

Tremoside
04 April 2005, 11:46 AM
Ahoy,, what a fine texing on him!! This colorit is sweet. Blues and greens are really workin'!
Excellent as usual! Have a nice day Michael :wavey:

Tranchefeux
04 April 2005, 11:56 AM
Hello, Virtuoso, I can finally Re follow your stations, always also delirious tone work 3d, go, go for the continuation.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rynomyte
04 April 2005, 03:01 PM
Michael, Great textures on your Brute....Great character as well. He really has that feeling that at any moment he might turn to me, grab my head and smash it against my monitor....well, when he has arms that is! Can't wait to see more of him. You continue to rank amongst my favorites. :thumbsup: Keep it up mate!:thumbsup:

safe05
04 April 2005, 05:24 PM
Really nice modeling and texturing work. I particularly like the viens on his forehead and those crazy eyes. Eager to see it all come together. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

orion 77
04 April 2005, 05:51 PM
i think youve been very deceptive so far as we havent really seen much of the whole composition its most likely gonna be real good. the head you have built is very stylized and it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Aethyrprime
04 April 2005, 05:53 PM
Great updates Michael... I love it so far. Fantastic work. Very uniquely your style as well. Keep it up!

RealCapri
04 April 2005, 06:17 PM
Nice work on the textures man :thumbsup: sure looks cool..

Kenter
04 April 2005, 07:32 PM
Simply jawdropping.What a character head and those textures :eek: And your style remains within once again.Just awesome and inspiring.:buttrock:

AIR
04 April 2005, 09:23 PM
Hi man,,I became curious,,just wanna see final.. respect.
Keep us updated.

THE Wizard
04 April 2005, 10:25 PM
OH MY GOD! It's FANTASTIC.... No words can describe this dude... ugh sorry Brute.... GREAT JOB!

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 02:47 AM
THE Wizard......A I R......Kenter......RealCapri......||) |V| |^|...........orion 77......safe05........rynomyte......Tranchefeux........Tremoside.......Vilpep

Thanks very much to you all......for the support and interest,I'll be doing my best as I move forward.......speaking of that,I better get back to it......a mountain of work awaits........Finshing off Brutes body,plus some props for the scene and a couple extra items for the Rudes and brute himself......Got quite a bit done,I'll get some of it uploaded here real soon,probably later tonite....... Thanks again,see you real soon with more......:thumbsup:

overcontrast
04 April 2005, 12:34 PM
hey buddy when r u gonna update!!.. i'm wating for that party!!.. bring up ur Brunte :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Maxko
04 April 2005, 01:28 PM
Virtuosoooooooo!!! :) Update

collings
04 April 2005, 02:40 PM
the head looks awesome ... can wait to see the rest !!!
Com'on Virtuoso Upadate :bounce:

javaejderi
04 April 2005, 04:02 PM
%85 percent!!! You must be so definitive even on the progress line...

Once a pro always a pro!!!

alexfalchi
04 April 2005, 05:29 PM
come on virtuoso goooo!!!:thumbsup:

KangarooMan
04 April 2005, 07:34 PM
Hey the texturing really looks great. :thumbsup: All of the subtle details that you have added to the skin really bring a lot to the face. Plus you got to love those eyes. Keep up the great work, I will be looking forward to your next update.

Matt

Onsloh
04 April 2005, 07:34 PM
Ahh! No updates mate? Me was hoping for an update of brute,or a first look at the servants.Common now,hoping to see more soon mate.:bounce:

Virtuoso
04 April 2005, 10:05 PM
overcontrast..... Party time is coming for our big boys...thanks for your interest.....:arteest:

Maxko........ Ok....got some things ready....:)

collings....... Thanks,nice of yoy to think so.......Updates are coming....

J++ Dragon........Always counting those %.....;) ....thanks.....

alexfalchi...... The lab is in full production....steam and smoke everywhere......update coming.....if I can find it in all this smoke.......;)

mmbenya...... Thankyou Matt.....trying my best......Updates coming...:cool:

Onsloh....... brute and his Rudes are swinging from the lab's joists and chandeliers....I'll get them all to sit still for a while as I render out a shot or two real soon.....:arteest:

.................Ok....I am at the finishline with brutes body.....just adding some extras....weapons,clothing,etc,etc...I'l post in a few days.....At that time I will begin texturing him totally,already have some real nice (I think at least;) ) textures I mixed all ready for him.................Will also at that time start up on the rudes.........should be showing brute and the rudes all next week.... But for now...in these next couple of days or so I have some extras to show,,,some things for the scene....props and extras..................so I'll update a few of these in the next few days..................Ok.......back to get those updates.....then I'll post here ASAP............See you then........and thanks to you all for your support.....:cool:

alexfalchi
04 April 2005, 10:47 PM
ops I'm so so sorry virtuoso:(....I'm turn off my cigarette Mate!!:thumbsup:

Alex.

Zephyri
04 April 2005, 12:58 AM
I'm just dying to see a shot of this as a whole, but the details are real treats in themselves. The brute's head is fantastic, his eyes grabbed me immediately, probably cause they are framed by those amazing eyebrows! The textures on the iris and his lips in particular are very well done, the skin tones in general look really natural, and of course the character's design is highly creative. Can't wait to see his servants.

Micro26
04 April 2005, 01:20 AM
Cool head and love the texturing man keep this commin :thumbsup: :bounce: