The main body of the figure was modelled using the new ZSphere tool. The breastplates and the boots were also modelled using the ZSphere tool.
The hair was modelled from a sphere with the front part of it masked and the points hidden.
The skirt was modelled from a tapered cylinder and was made transparent using the "clone" brush.
The rock formations were built up using the new "spray" stroke.
I used an alpha to add a subtle texture to the fog.
The meteors were done by placing a few spheres throughout the scene and drawing out the trails using the "hook" brush. The glow material was used for the meteors.
There was originally going to be a creature in the scene, but it wasn't helping out the composition any so I decided against adding it.
For the lighting, I used a white overhead light with an aperature of 180 and 300 shadow rays. I used a brown fill light coming from below to simulate light reflecting from the ground and I used two shadowless red point lights for light from a couple of the meteors.
For a more complete walkthrough of how the image was put together you can check this thread on CGTAlk in the WIP Gallery:
As always, constructive feedback/critique welcome.