XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : WorkFlow Question

03-16-2005, 06:03 PM
From what I saw in the Vue5 Infinite demo, it was quite impressive!!!

I do understand that Vue 5 has the multi-pass capabilities. But let me clarify what I how I would handle this scene...

What I would like to do is model a city in 3ds Max, animate a camera flying through the scene, then render the animation of the city geometry in Max.

Next I would import that whole model scene into Vue, then match and sync the camera path with Vue's camera.

I would then place a bunch of trees in the scene with Vue, possibly using the ecosystem.

In Vue 5 infinite, Is it possible to place a matte/shadow material on the whole city scene, so that when it renders out the animation, the trees would be masked out where they fall behind the buildings? I would also need the matte objects to recieve the tree's shadows.

Both the city pass and tree pass would be composited in Combustion.

Is this workflow possible with Vue 5?

- Anthony

03-16-2005, 09:04 PM
At first, I hope I correctly understood (my english is so bad, sorry).
I think it is possible. Many ways in fact. the easy way is to use G-Buffer channels from rpf or rla renders.
I compose with After Effects 6.5 Pro. I can use rpf or rla renders from Vue 5 Infinite.
Do Combution import rla or rpf? I do not know. I hope.

CGTalk Moderation
03-16-2005, 09:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.