View Full Version : Fog ?

03-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Hi im tring to do kind of fog for my scene, i also find some reference pictures which describes what i need. Problem is that my result are far from that... Could anybody help me out?

BTW: im using Max7 and afterburn...

also that fog should fill bottom in one room i did.... look at the picture. That fog or mist or what is it should going out from tha bottom of the box in the middle of room...

Another picture of my wip can be seen

03-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Are you looking at creating it practically? That's dry ice. I'm not sure of the availability to the general public. The other option you could try is a fire extinguisher. That might have the same floaty, heavy atmosphere that could simulate something like this. I would personally be using some gloves unlike the people in the first picture though!

03-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Noo, practicaly im not that crazy...
I need simulate that effect in max for my scene

03-15-2005, 10:01 PM
i think ur better off makin that fog in max rather than tryin to get dry ice and such to work. im a maya user but all i can suggest is try puting a surfece where u want the fog to come from and have it emit particles, this way u will have alot of control.

u could also try to find some free elements of dust in the internet and color correct them in comp.

good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2005, 10:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.