LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : directing for vfx, book or dvd ?

03-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Is there any educationnal book or dvd, on how setup/preparing a shoot with vfx in mind, like how to setup the blue/greenscreen for a matte painting, how to direct CGI/Live-action integration, how to manage virtual set and virtual set extension etc etc

i know hollywoodcameraworks is releasing something like that but only at the end of the year; so wanna know if there any other references i can check.

03-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Creating 3d for film TV and games is quite good for pipeline overview

Visual effect for film and television by mitch michell is indepth

He is the head TD at Cinesite uk and really knows what he istalking about - and confused the hell out of me and gave me some great ideas when I met him.

03-17-2005, 01:03 AM
thx a lot, i ll defintly check those.
if anyone got another things about "seting up" a stage for shooting with vfx in mind, like placing traking points, where to put bluescreen if i need a virtual set extension, directing a shot with a a cgi integration in mind, i m not searching a book about creating sfx, but how to prepare and shoots shots with vfx in mind :).

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2005, 01:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.