View Full Version : SHOW US: Comic Book Art Resources Online?

03-06-2005, 04:35 AM
I am posting this as part of the ongoing :
THE COMIC STRIP! 001:March 2005: "Sins of the Past" (
at the CGTalk Daily Sketch Forum .

I have been trying to compile a list of the best comic book/ comic strip how to guide to, as they say, inspire the troops.

Here is the list that I have compile so far:

Here is my list, and I would love to hear what is your list....

(Scott McDaniel with tutorials)
(Travis Charest with tutorials)

Looking forward to your list.

03-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Found this while yahooing, a bit basic but informative ( (

Got the links from this site.. (

03-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Roberto, sorry no links for now, but thanks for that Travis Charest link!! :thumbsup:

04-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Here's some by Vicente Segrelles. A really talennted comic artist who paints his own comics with oils susally. He stepped over to digital painting a while back.

04-05-2005, 09:23 PM
i canna believe that any discussion of online comics/resources would not include mention of Scott McCloud. :)

04-06-2005, 01:21 AM
There is ComicBookResources:
They have a lot of information on the main site and a bulletin board there. Many comic book artist hang out there, and there are a lot of super-fans who know alot. There are also a few forums hosted by some artist and writers of the industry.

There is also ComicCraft
They are affiliated with and . Many pros hang out on their bulletin boards and the guys running the bussiness are pros themselves.

04-06-2005, 02:15 AM
Here's a link to Dave Sim's Memorial Notes to the President archive ( (reproduced editorials included in the Cerebus comics).

I thought they might be interesting because he did quite a few on self-publishing comics (168-189).

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2005, 02:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.