View Full Version : Simple Bolean issue

chyv1083
03 March 2005, 06:33 PM
Hello everyone! I am having a simple issue with boleans. I am trying to make a cube with about 6 cylinders goin thru it then i want to do a boolean operation (difference) with looks somethin like what i have below

------------
0 0 0 0 0 0 <== holes in the cube
------------

When i get to the 4 or 5th one it does not cut the cube it just closes up and looks like i projected a circle onto the surface. I have tried deleting the face but it only selects the whole side of the cubes whole face. I know that you can do this in nurbs by creating a nurbs cube and projecting circles then trimming it but you cant attach trimmed surfaces and i want this piece to be one object when im finished which is why im trying to do it in polygons. Anyhelp would be appretiated. Thank you

BlackL1ghtn1ng
03 March 2005, 09:30 PM
you might have better luck if you create a segment with just one circle booleaned into it, then copied that segment 6 times, deleted the end polys and welded the edge verts together. This should give you the desired result without overloading Max's crappy boolean system.

CGTalk Moderation
03 March 2005, 09:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.