LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Chad Bonanno > 2004 Demo Reel <

Chad Bonanno
03-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Hello, My name is Chad Bonanno and I work as a Designer and Animator at the R!OTs Atlanta Studio. Please check out my 2004 Demo reel and let me know what you think. I will be releasing another in the next 2 months!

03-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Aarrgh. Just working on my showreel now and made the mistake of checking out the competition. Annoyingly awesome. :D

If I had any criticisms at all it would be that the quality seems to dip slightly towards the end, but I'm sure anyone will be sold by then.

03-03-2005, 04:13 PM
i like it very much! great job! :thumbsup:

03-04-2005, 04:42 AM
Hey Chad,

Just a few points of critique:

1) The reel starts and ends without your name, phone number and e-mail. That should be the first and last thing an employer sees.

2) The selection of work should have been much tighter and the overall length could have been cut to a minute / minute and a half.

3) It felt like you included extra work solely for the purpose of ending the reel when the song ends.

I know that you're proud of your work but you have to be more critical of what you include on your demo tape. Remember that a reel is only as good as its weakest piece.

Specifically I would cut:

- MTV TRL wannabe
- the Adidas/Puma (?) shoe spot
- Death Heavy
- Red Pills / Blood Cells
- USA Channel Spot
- VH1
- Level of Confusion as well as that blue transition
- the 'Status' spot
- DJ / Danny Tenegalia spot
- USA Dolby Digital
- Darkness
- Native Network
- Sasha Digweed
- Birth ReBirth
- the GI Mix teapot thing
- purple I information
- Human experiment and the abstract piece following it
* the yummy text spot is rather slow in the beginning (speed wise)

hope that helps
-mental :surprised

Chad Bonanno
03-06-2005, 03:47 AM
Woah! What can i say guys! Thanks for the Comments. Mental ,especially to you, this really helps.!! I cant wait to show you my new reel coming soon. I thank you very much fpr the specifics!!

this makes me so stronger

Chad Bonanno
05-04-2005, 10:34 PM
I've updated my Reel to a 2005 WIP. Please make comments if you like or dislike.

Chad Bonanno
R!OT Atlanta

05-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Great work!!! Our studio has been looking at motion graphic artists lately and I can honestly say I'd hire you if I could.

05-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Great work, Chad. Have seen it in before. Great text animations, like them a lot.:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2005, 01:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.