View Full Version : New to AE:Is this an Affter Effect effect?!

benone
02 February 2005, 02:35 PM
Hi,

I've never used After Effects, but was wondering if anyone could figure out how the image fade in / fade out effect was produced here: http://www.anothermag.com/issue8

Could this be done in after effects?

Thanks for any tips!

Ben

Paulumbo
02 February 2005, 10:49 PM
Try animating, levels, blur and opacity together. I'm guessing the burnout was done with levels filter (possibly brightness contrast), the blur with... a blur filter, and looks like it's faded up too. Could be a new filter but this should get something similar, if not interesting!

berniebernie
03 March 2005, 06:34 PM
The blur is definitely AE (or a sequence of PSD flash) but the burn thingy can be made directly in Flash by boosting each color level the same way until you get a full brightness (everything is white....)

benone
03 March 2005, 09:49 AM
great! thanks for the tips guys, i'll have a play with various filters and see if i can find an economical method!

Thanks again!

Ian Jones
03 March 2005, 01:13 PM
Yeah I also think that flash is doing the boost. Basically two images a clean version and a blurred version. Flash transitions from clean to blurred by bringing in the blurred version over the clean and then transitions the blurred images pixels values towards white.

CGTalk Moderation
03 March 2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.