View Full Version : pan/3d
02-13-2005, 05:33 PM
I was wondering how can I achive a effect of 3d camera.
For example, I have a map of 10000x10000 and my out 640x480, how can I move thru this big map, I would like to use pan and zoom and output aslways be 640x480?
02-13-2005, 11:41 PM
Use the move 3d node is one option but it isn't very user friendly as a 3d app.
Another option is to combine a 2d/3d method which I use all the time (much faster then rendering it in 3d).
1. Map a lowrez version of the texture on a 2d plane in maya and create your camera move.
2. Put locators at the 4 corners of the plane.
3. Get the shakeexport.mel off of highend3d.com.
4. Use this script on each of the 4 locators at the corners.
5. Each time you use the script it creates a shake file with that translation data in 2d in a tracker node.
6. Now import the 4 files into your shake comp (they will be trackers).
7. Take the x and y tracker data from each of the 4 nodes and put it into a corner pin node.
8. Attach the corner pin to your 10k x 10k map that is croped to 640x480.
Now you have a nice fake 3d move on a large image.
02-14-2005, 08:59 AM
wow thanks man, that is what I need!!!
02-14-2005, 09:06 AM
so I put in tracker node in trackname folder?how do I pick resolution? if I want to change to a biger?
02-15-2005, 01:38 AM
The tracker going out of maya uses your render globals or you set the resolution when you run the shakeexport.mel. Also make sure you explicitly set the frame range in the dialogue window because I dont thing the "use render globals" option works.
02-15-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.