View Full Version : Conserve for geometry (like particles)

mediasaurus
02 February 2005, 01:10 AM
Particles have the wonderful ability to change their "conserve" value (how much their motion is affected by previous frame's motion). As far as I can tell, actual geometry doesn't have this ability.

Here's my situation. I'm using a curveField (stroikaDynamics plug-in) which is similar to a vortex field. When the geometry spins, it gets thrown away from the curve due to its centrifugal force. When particles do this, I just turn down their conserve value and they continue to spiral around my curve.

I'm having a tornado destroy a barn which is composed of a lot of separate geometry that needs to get sucked into the tornado and not get thrown away from it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

destruct007
02 February 2005, 07:44 PM
I assume you mean geometry like rigid bodies... they have Damp it's not like conserve in it's strength, a small value normally doesn't do much, so crank it up and you should get the result you are looking for.

--Dave

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.