02-08-2005, 03:55 AM
well there are a few steps. here is a quick run down, but by no means detailed how to.
1. capture the footage, edit it down to what you want to add.
2. track the footage, MAX 6 does have tracking software, but it's not very good, you will need something like PFHoe http://www.thepixelfarm.co.uk/contentfull.aspx?content=pfhoe.htm
3. after you track, you import the camera data into MAX
4. animate your model to match the scene, using the camera track date to recreate the camera movements.
5. light your 3d scene to match the real footage
6. render it out
7. composite it together which depending on the complexity will determine what will need to be done. you will most likely, on the basic comp, need to atleast color correct footage and soften the 3d renderings to match DV compressed footage.
if you do some searches around CG talk and other forums, you will find a lot of information on this probably.
02-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Hey thank you for your help, I had posted a bigger thanx but it failed to render here, oh well
02-08-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.