LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : War-Bot Gone Mad

01-26-2005, 12:27 AM
Just looking for some feedback on this piece. My biggest issue is that I didn't plan the composition from the start so I think it's a little cramped.

I feel my original idea is still there. It's a comentary on war and technology where a war machine has malfunctioned and turned on it's own. The red-head is suposed to be looking at the viewer to envoke an emotion of warning of "this is where we are heading as humans". Though she may be a bit too detached emotionally from the action in the scene. I may still re-position her eyes. I didn't want to make her shit scared, more kind of sad but accepting of her fate. I've been working on this on and off since August of last year :sad: so I'm kinda keen to wrap it up. Looking for comments on what to improved, cheers.

01-26-2005, 12:33 AM
Itís off to a good start. I think your robot needs to be darkened. He feels too light for the time of day and placement in the middle ground. Add some atmospheric conditions to him.

Looks Lika A Good Start!

01-26-2005, 01:35 AM
First of all, really nice image:thumbsup:

I think the redhead looks lovely, but since she is obviously very emotional, she poses like a model, I think maybe you could add her lefthand grabbing for her chest (no I don't mean her breasts), like she has a hard time breathing, to make it more dramatic.

I think the people running look a little like they're not a part of the image, I think making em darker an add more shade on their front should do the trick.

Maybe add some more dead trees or parts of ruined houses on the hills.

01-27-2005, 08:08 PM
I must agree about her posing like a model. Again that was an oversight on my behalf right from the beginning. It was a mistake not to plan out the composition before starting. Regarding the comments about making the characters darker (foreground and robot) I couldn't agree more. Im starting to paint a bit more loosely on it and not worrying too much about defining edges so much. I'll post an updated version soon. Cheers.

01-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Yeah i think the general idea and end result is pretty good. But the hums dont really look like hell is upon them ;) And she is like you said posing like a model.. i would expect her to be running also or perhaps hiding while crying or something ...

I like how the robot looks kinda sad.. like its destroyed something but isnt really happy about doing so, but having no choice ...

but good for a non-planned image ;) but needed more thinking in the composition :D

02-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Added more contrast to the piece. Much happier with it. Not there yet though :shrug: . Thoughts?

CGTalk Moderation
02-03-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.