XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Another MD question

09-08-2002, 07:19 AM
Has it been anybody elses experience for Motion designer to render shadows properly only under raytraced? I tested with shadowmaps and raytraced. The shadow maps rendered the shadow of the original position of the cloth object; calculating only the shadow of the first frame rendered. Odd. Then on a hunch I thought perhaps raytraced shadows might work. They did. I feel raytraced shows are very 'sharp', and I would like to use a shadowmap because of speed.

Can anyone help? Has anyone dealt with this?

09-08-2002, 08:32 AM
I'm not sure if this would be the problem but chekc and see that your shadows maps aren't being cached.. I'm almost positive I've used them with md before

09-08-2002, 10:03 AM
Man u have serious problem with your LightWave...
Just checked this stuff and shadow is OK (see the pic)
I make some projects with MD and newer get this shadow errors...
Can u describe what kind of set up u have and what version of LightWave u use (i work with 7.5), or even send the scene so we can check it?

09-08-2002, 08:55 PM

You were right! Problem solved. I've always used cache on tests, so it never occurred to me, but makes absolute sense.

I don't have problems, I'm just special. :)
I use:
Lightwave 7.5
Win 2000 Pro SP2
Dual AMD 1600+
1.5 GB RAM

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.