View Full Version : First Cg/Tablet Drawing

Reichenau
01 January 2005, 07:13 AM
First full body tablet drawing ive done and cg if you can call that cg :P i like manga tones-black, white and grey. just got a wacom intous3 tablet a couple weeks ago. Anyways C and C needed, I.E. any problems with shading.. and yes i know that there should be more ripples/wrinkling of the fabric between legs.

http://www.picaroni.com/Swordwoman.jpg

fixed link :/

ajay1589
01 January 2005, 04:35 PM
i dont see anything....

EDIT:Ok, now i see the image...for ur first try that is great! Definetly much better than im doing with my stylis right now >_>

resurepus
01 January 2005, 08:04 PM
more wrinkles needed between her boobs - right now it looks as if she had one huge one :)

captain chapo
01 January 2005, 09:40 PM
you should give her some shoes that match the mood of the picture more...maybe some high laced up boots or something...but i like the stance overall, maybe the back leg could be more bent.

atenyotkin
01 January 2005, 01:21 AM
Well, my bigest issue is not the accuracy of the clothing or anatomy, but rather the focus of the sketch. Are you trying to illustrate motion, emotion, or just an outfit design? I can't make out her facial expression very well, and because of that I can't tell if she's going to enjoy a sparring match with a friend or killing for revenge. Her stance is kind of awkward, and even ungraceful for a sword fighter, so it's kind of hard to figure out what she's about to do (or already did perhaps?) Adjust her leg and sword positioning to communicate her stance a bit more clearly.

I do agree about the shoes. The sandals don't really match the outfit in my opinion--they don't look very oriental to me (however I'll be honest I don't know much about asian culture).

As far as shading, I believe her legs may benefit from just a little bit more shadow towards the back instead of just a black outline.

All C&C aside, I think it's a great sketch and with just a bit more attention it could be even better. I really like the sword, it's nice. I also like the simple use of gray shading. It's obviously great for your first wacom sketch! To imporove it a bit, I believe your goal right now should be to focus more on her facial expression and her legs. The clothing should probably be last in this case.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.