View Full Version : DAZ Prods. Announces Call for 'Virtual Beauty Queens'

RobertoOrtiz
12 December 2004, 02:11 PM
Quote:
"Move over Naomi Campbell, digital beauty divas are here to stay. DAZ Prods., a technology leader in high-quality digital 3D models, is teaming up with the Miss Digital World Contest to invite 3D artists from around the world -- professional and amateur alike -- to create and submit their perfect digital woman to the second annual Miss Digital World Contest. Entries and information about the contest can be found at www.missdigitalworld.com.""
>>Link<< (http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=top&newsitem_no=12723)

-R

mushroomgod
12 December 2004, 02:27 PM
Quote:
"Move over Naomi Campbell, digital beauty divas are here to stay. DAZ Prods., a technology leader in high-quality digital 3D models, is teaming up with the Miss Digital World Contest to invite 3D artists from around the world -- professional and amateur alike -- to create and submit their perfect digital woman to the second annual Miss Digital World Contest. Entries and information about the contest can be found at www.missdigitalworld.com.""
>>Link<< (http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=top&newsitem_no=12723)

-R
whats the point?

judging from this years miss digital world, the worst poser-like model will win anyway.

Para
12 December 2004, 02:44 PM
whats the point?

judging from this years miss digital world, the worst poser-like model will win anyway.

Or maybe someone over at Daz was so unpleased with that fiasco that he decided to make things good again by arranging a competition of his own?

LetterRip
12 December 2004, 02:47 PM
The whole point is fairly obvious if you read the article, it is to sell special 'bundles' of Victoria 3.0 (for the low low price of 100-150$) and to promote their posing/modeling environment alternative to Poser.

LetterRip

Tirjasdyn
12 December 2004, 06:43 PM
Sigh...Well if you enter..

Then vote

and get others to vote

maybe someone else will win.

Why whine about it if you are not going to bother.

Ollarin
12 December 2004, 10:41 AM
Oh well. I hope they pick a worthy model this time. :D

dotTom
12 December 2004, 11:16 AM
whats the point?

Yeah, I've been wondering about this? How on earth did the model that won win? It makes no sense, I mean no disrespect to the artist responsible, but it seemed to me other entries where of a much higher standard (in lots of ways, composition, texturing, mesh etc). I just can't figure it out.

LetterRip
12 December 2004, 11:18 AM
If you look at the other thread there is a suggestion that it was due to fraud.

LetterRip

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.