XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Any nice rez female hair textures?

09-02-2002, 10:10 AM
I'm making a low detailed tennis player-like character with a small ponytail (quite short hair). does anyone know of any good references or have any images they could spare?

>edit< I've painted the hair now. Probably the best option.

09-03-2002, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I agree that for low-poly characters, painting the hair is most likely the best option :)
Hope it came out well ;)

01-13-2003, 08:36 AM
Hi there Edd, good to see you are still working hard, what happened with all those wonderfull female models you were doing? i was hoping to see some posts sometime.

As far as references, why dont you just look in the girlfriends fashion mags? even low poly a ponytail just looks like a pony tail, depending on texture res you can probably only put in some general shading with sharp yellow highlights stripped and following the upper edge of the hair flow?

01-13-2003, 12:52 PM
hi tpe, I ended up taking photographs from angles and using them for hair flow reference. I then scratch painted the hair (strand by strand). I've actualy just finished her third re-incarnation. The hair looks alot better now :)

"what happened with all those wonderfull female models you were doing?"

She works as a template now for work characters ;) I'll definately have to get back the discobaby version.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.