View Full Version : editing filters

Transform Gizmo
09 September 2002, 03:53 AM
ok, i am making a texture in photoshop 5.0, and i added a filter to the image, but now i want to change some of the settings of the filter, how do i change the settings. something in the history im not seeing?

09 September 2002, 04:00 AM
just undo & apply the filter again, it should have kept your settings from last time, so you can then adjust them & apply.

Transform Gizmo
09 September 2002, 04:03 AM
wow, i just posted this a few minutes ago, imressive response time. yeah, thats the only way i could figure out for doing it since i didnt see any way to edit it without taking it out of the history, but i guess it works well enough. thanks for the response

09 September 2002, 04:11 AM
:D cheers - I'm the response-o-matic! :beer:

09 September 2002, 06:41 AM
Thats the only way I do the filters. Maybe one day we can change the filters after the fact like the layers styles... but I am sure we are way off from that since most third party developers would freak out.

09 September 2002, 10:08 AM
You sort of can change the way filters are applied, but only in a very limited way: after applying the filter hit control-shift-f and you can change the opacity or blending mode of your effect. To change actual settings you have to undo and re-apply for now :)

09 September 2002, 06:16 AM
the settings are changed when you reapply it to the original image, then edit the filters when you apply it in the window that appears...

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.