View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 193 "Holiday sale"
12-15-2004, 02:33 PM
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
Oh my god I smell mayhem...LOL
12-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Where do aliens go for holiday? :-)http://www.fabianhernandez.ch/images/cgtalk/holidaysales.jpg
Ehm, Photoshop, aproximately 20 minutes.
Sorry for the english mistakes...
12-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Hello everybody! IŽm new at the Daily Sketch Group. This is my first post here. IŽm always here looking at the drawns and i loveŽem. IŽve been just waiting Santa bring me my tablet, but couldnŽt wait enough, so here is my first sketch.
Photographed drawn and Photoshop. About 50 min. I just hate my mouse!
Hehe... I also would love to hear some crits on this sketch and on my WIP (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=192595). Thanks!
12-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Well, this here is my first post on these forums, so be kind to me :P
I made this pic in about 20 minutes with Adobe Photoshop.http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-7/767735/HolydaySale.jpg
12-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Usually i draw more attractive ladies, but she seemed more like something you'd probably encounter at a holiday sale... If you visit one, that is. I'll be avoiding them! http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
12-16-2004, 01:14 AM
I just realized that this pic didn't fit in this category.
12-16-2004, 05:22 AM
50 mins, pshop + wacom
12-16-2004, 07:02 AM
20 mins PS.
12-16-2004, 10:53 AM
well, the last one was kinda depressing, so I decided to have another go. Unfortunately this one turned out much the same! :sad: Need to locate my Christmas spirit....
2hrs-ish, photoshop + wacom
12-16-2004, 12:10 PM
lol Vit, this one is possibly even more derpessing. Haven't any good experiences with christmas ? ;) Well, they are nice anyway, though I think I don't totally understand the second one..(The doll is sad because she has no clothes because of the sale and its christmas and shes alone...or what?)
12-16-2004, 01:07 PM
First time i come into this forum and i really find it interesting and fun !
Vitrolic you're truly talented, your rapid sketches are amazing me !
Fun subject, i will give it a try ...
12-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Hey Vitriolic, your first one is realyy great! I loved the idea and the painting.
12-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Cheers guys for the kind words. Amida, I like your interpretation, let's stick with that :D. In truth, couldn't think of any ideas for this concept, so I just started drawing and these are what came out.. :shrug: Will try to increase the Jolly factor next time!
12-17-2004, 04:04 AM
well, the last one was kinda depressing, LOL, I think its hilarious! ...but I've never been the standard of social etiquettes, hee hee
12-17-2004, 12:19 PM
hm these are my thoughts about this topic...
12-21-2004, 04:14 PM
...are you kiddn' it's hysterical! Nice going and execution, as usual.
01-20-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.