View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 188 "Elves on Strike"
12-10-2004, 03:08 PM
"Elves on Strike"
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
12-10-2004, 07:56 PM
I will update it with some colours as soon as I get the time to do it :)
edit: and there we go, I think I made the wrong kind of elves so i fixed that :D
12-10-2004, 08:23 PM
The negotiations didn't end so well...
gimp, wacom, 3.5h
12-11-2004, 12:25 AM
1.5 hours, used photoshop and mini wacomhttp://www.geocities.com/cecileplattner/animation/theendoftheelves.jpg
12-11-2004, 02:38 AM
"Elves on a strike"http://www.fridayeve.com/gallery/cgtalk/cg188_fridayeve.jpg
12-11-2004, 06:15 AM
12-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Hey guys!!! :scream:
Havent been here a while... I think ill be here more often since were on Hanuka holydays.. =)
I have ZERO insparation on this one and its a pretty lame sketch, well n\m..
about 15 min. in OpenCanvas w\ a tablet..
@Alice- Thats a funny pic!!! =)
@Plagiarism- Awsome idea man!
@cecile- Loved the idea and a nice pic 2..
@FridayEve- The firs pic is just... Man I dont have words to describe it.. its just AMAZZING!!! How do you do them??? :eek:
And the second one is funny!! =)
12-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Here's my angry elf,
seems a halfling crawled up his but too! :P
PS ~2hrs + Wacom + Goro's custom brushes (thanks goro!)
@Alice: Lol, your sketch is as funny as always! :D
@FridayEve: Wow, your first sketch is worthy of a D&D player's handbook! Incredible!
@Everyone: Great work guys! Don't hesitate to comment on mine!
12-16-2004, 07:24 AM
Hey fridayeve, would you mind publishing a movie file of ur progress in painter?
i keep wondering each time what ur pipeline (if it can so be called) is like.
(amazing job, as always, needless to say)
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.