LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : ArtRage Wins Think in Ink Contest

12-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Auckland, New Zealand -- Dec. 2, 2004 -- Ambient Design Ltd is pleased to announce that ArtRage, their easy-to-use natural painting application, was the Grand Prize winner of the "Microsoft(R) Tablet PC Does Your Application Think in Ink?" competition, announced today by PC Magazine (,1759,1734139,00.asp). ArtRage was selected as the overall winner from 260 submissions from Independent Software Venders from around the world.
ddl: Download ArtRage here (
I hope that everyone has at least tried this program and perhaps cgtalk could do a review if it hasn't already done so.

ArtRage 1.1 Update Released: ArtRage 1.1 is now available for download. This update contains fixes to bugs found in 1.0, and new features including Zooming, larger canvases, a colour sampler, and the ability to import normal images for painting on to (and in to). For a complete list of changes and fixes, please refer to the FAQ.

12-10-2004, 11:52 AM
I think the program is absolutely great, but it does have one problem that keeps me from using it. It does not work on a Wacom Cinteq tablet/monitor. I cannot remember if it works properly with a dual monitor setup and a normal Wacom tablet or not. Even so, the app is great.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.