View Full Version : Awardee short film "Será Que Ela Vem? (It will be That she Comes?)"

AlexandroCastro
12 December 2004, 05:07 PM
Hello Folks! Well, I made a short film about one year ago, and now I am only divulging. My bigger inspiration was the Keith Lango´s short film "Lunch!", and my animation portraies a comic situation in Manaus (Amazon, Brazil), This animation won the UM Amazonas Short Films Festival and therefore I decided to divulge it. Thnaks.

http://www.alexandro.castro.nom.br/imagens/ico_sqev.jpg
Download animation (http://www.alexandro.castro.nom.br/SQEV.rar)

metaballs2000
12 December 2004, 05:34 PM
Alexandre Parabéns pelo trabalho, e como tinha dito o personagem e cenário estão muito bem elaborados. ( e que time)!!!
Parabéns e logo mais quero ver novas animações!

Abraço
metaballs

HelderConde
12 December 2004, 12:48 PM
Hey Alexandro,

I really like your short movie. It's very, very cool. Everyone who works with animation and 3D always dream of making their own, freely created short movie. However, only a few actualy manage to make it.

Whenever someone makes it, independently of the quality, it's a reason for support and respect.

But when the short movie reaches the level yours have, being so nice and fun, it deserves more than respect: it deserves compliments and little envy... :) Just kidding...

Again, your short is very cool. Funny, criative, dynamic.

It is, as I say, a short movie "you are able to finish". Usually, when people think of making a short, they want a 10-headed character that fights with a monster, falls into a canyon, turns into a butterfly, flies across the clouds, goes into a vulcan... and so on. They come up with a script that is so complex, it would requiere huge teams and months to finish.

You short, on the other hand, is one "you're able to finish": a simple, funny story, with a good character, that tells the story. Period. And the movie "works" and makes us laugh! This was the aim, and it was achieved beautifully.

More than a nice short, this is an example to be followed. :thumbsup:

Congratulations.

Terkonn
12 December 2004, 06:17 PM
absolutely wonderful! I'm still working on getting a ball to bounce right, very nice job!

Heber G Conde
12 December 2004, 12:15 PM
Hi Alexandro,
Really good short, simple, universal and funny, perfect formula!:thumbsup:

Great animation timming too!

I love the contrast between the "simple" character design and the beautfull background shader! It works fine!

Really good piece here, people! Download it!

Congratulations Alexandro!

Regards
Heber

AlexandroCastro
12 December 2004, 11:20 PM
:bounce: Amazing :bounce:

If someone on Atitude team has enjoyed my work, I am ready to say that I hit my target. It´s so hard to complete an animation work like this, and soh much hard receive good words from the ace team of cg. Thanks Heber for the hand, and I hope to continue making good animations.

Fierras
12 December 2004, 02:30 AM
Olà Alexandro,

Desculpa mas o meu comp dà sempre erro para abrir o .rar
é possivel que você tem o filme na internet sem estar comprenssado?
Gostaria muito de o ver

Tchau

AlexandroCastro
12 December 2004, 05:11 AM
Fierras amigo, infelizmente não tenho descompactado na net. Me desculpe. Atualize a sua versão do WinRAR, daí você conseguirá ver. Ou então me adicione no msn (alexandro@horizon.com.br) e por lá eu tento te passar, valeu?

:applause:

AndHolzmeister
12 December 2004, 05:28 AM
Yo alexabro!
Great short movie, as i said before, i like your cartoon timming so much... Keep doing good works as this one!

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.