LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : know of a Primitive->Model->Character - Woman?

12-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Hey, all. I'm just playing around with XSI for the first time, and liking it so far.

One thing that captured my imagination was that I can hit Primitive->Model->Character-Man and get a male character going on that's pretty darned good for a built-in feature... and I can fiddle with a bunch of pre-made controls to change around just about everything of his build and facial characteristics to come up with models for different characters in no time flat.

Since I forsee having to come up with quite a number of characters for an interactive fiction I'm working on, this could prove a real time-saver. Sure, I'll want to tweak them and add to them, but it's nice to have something this good to start from, rather than staring at a blank modelling screen. :)

Of course, not all the characters I need are going to be male. I've tried messing with the settings to try to make the man more lady-like, but it's not really happening. I know there's a built-in low-poly woman mesh, but it lacks the versatility that "Primitive->Model->Character-Man" has.

My question is, can anyone recommend any third-party tools (free or otherwise) that can automate the parametric modeling of female characters quite as nicely as stock XSI will do it for male characters?

Many thanks,

12-08-2004, 11:06 PM
I was wondering the same thing aswell.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.