LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Millisecond camera

08-24-2002, 07:46 PM

This thing sounds great :) I hope they can eventually make it a digital process.

08-26-2002, 06:36 PM
I think it'll be a long while before Silicon technology (processing, transfer speeds etc) can not only process but also move to storage 12,000 film res frames a second...

But can you imagine :-) 12000 frames a sec on my DV cam, how fun would that be woohoo! I dont think I could even store a second's worth of footage on my drive hehe.

08-27-2002, 05:52 AM
If this kind of stuff interests you, I would suggest checking out the camera technology developed by EG&G for the secret Lookout Mountain facility during the atmospheric nuclear testing days. Peter Kuran (of VCE) created a really interesting documentary about these camera men that filmed the nuclear tests called "Atomic Filmmakers."

Actually, his entire series of nuclear testing documentaries are fascinating and are worth the declassified footage alone as reference for effects animators.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.