View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 161 "Rock & Roll Paradise"
11 November 2004, 02:35 PM
"Rock & Roll Paradise"
Welcome to the cgtalk sketch group.
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
11 November 2004, 06:01 PM
Now this is a nice topic, brains creative side is in overdrive allready.
Now...where did I leave my air-guitar?
11 November 2004, 09:47 PM
Ink + acrylic. ABout 2 hours.
11 November 2004, 10:54 PM
Rock -n- Roll Paradise
I hope this isn't too much of a tribute. I did use the original poster as a reference (http://www.k-squared.com/sm_woodstock.jpg).
About 1 hr PS/Wacom
Jeff, that is super cool - love it!!
11 November 2004, 12:26 AM
Jeffsimpson, that's really good!!
I like how you can tell which beatle is which, especially with Paul McCartney since you show very little of him but enough to tell who it is.
11 November 2004, 03:31 AM
To each its own....this guys paradise was a pet cementery under a red night...go figure
11 November 2004, 05:59 AM
Yeah...this was all I could think up. Took 35mins in Painter. Kinda crappier than I hoped it would turn out, but it is late and I do not have any more time to spend on it.
Rock + Roll in Paradise = RocknRoll Paradise. :}
11 November 2004, 06:33 AM
30 min/ painter
"big hair in a rock and roll paradise"
had a long day but had to get a sketch in.
11 November 2004, 10:49 PM
When Stevie finally got his distortion pedal he was in Rock and Roll heaven...
CP8 + PSP9 + Wacom, about an hour.
11 November 2004, 09:48 AM
Fine art Jeffsimpson...you inspired this!
Eve resists the temptation of the Serpent...
painter / 40mins
ps...don't you just love those hairy nuggets? :eek:
11 November 2004, 04:20 PM
http://www.unlikely.nl/cgImages/RockAndRollParadise.jpgWacom in Photoshop, 1hour 20 min. or something like that.
11 November 2004, 10:17 AM
I like that UnlikelyCorny! Very good idea and work..:thumbsup:
11 November 2004, 05:18 AM
Is that Michael Anthony of Van Halen?
11 November 2004, 08:20 AM
Niyana, heeehehe! Nice idea!
01 January 2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.