View Full Version : CgTalk Daily Sketch 161 "Rock & Roll Paradise"
11-13-2004, 02:35 PM
"Rock & Roll Paradise"
Welcome to the cgtalk sketch group.
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
* Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
* RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
* They can be done on any medium.
* If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
* Only original compositions. No "tributes" or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
* The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
* The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
* Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
* Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
* The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
* Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
11-13-2004, 06:01 PM
Now this is a nice topic, brains creative side is in overdrive allready.
Now...where did I leave my air-guitar?
11-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Ink + acrylic. ABout 2 hours.
11-13-2004, 10:54 PM
Rock -n- Roll Paradise
I hope this isn't too much of a tribute. I did use the original poster as a reference (http://www.k-squared.com/sm_woodstock.jpg).
About 1 hr PS/Wacom
Jeff, that is super cool - love it!!
11-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Jeffsimpson, that's really good!!
I like how you can tell which beatle is which, especially with Paul McCartney since you show very little of him but enough to tell who it is.
11-14-2004, 03:31 AM
To each its own....this guys paradise was a pet cementery under a red night...go figure
11-14-2004, 05:59 AM
Yeah...this was all I could think up. Took 35mins in Painter. Kinda crappier than I hoped it would turn out, but it is late and I do not have any more time to spend on it.
Rock + Roll in Paradise = RocknRoll Paradise. :}
11-14-2004, 06:33 AM
30 min/ painter
"big hair in a rock and roll paradise"
had a long day but had to get a sketch in.
11-14-2004, 10:49 PM
When Stevie finally got his distortion pedal he was in Rock and Roll heaven...
CP8 + PSP9 + Wacom, about an hour.
11-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Fine art Jeffsimpson...you inspired this!
Eve resists the temptation of the Serpent...
painter / 40mins
ps...don't you just love those hairy nuggets? :eek:
11-15-2004, 04:20 PM
http://www.unlikely.nl/cgImages/RockAndRollParadise.jpgWacom in Photoshop, 1hour 20 min. or something like that.
11-18-2004, 10:17 AM
I like that UnlikelyCorny! Very good idea and work..:thumbsup:
11-19-2004, 05:18 AM
Is that Michael Anthony of Van Halen?
11-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Niyana, heeehehe! Nice idea!
01-19-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.