View Full Version : DF4 crashed > Why?!
10 October 2004, 06:49 PM
Hello dear people,
I've been working in Digital Fusion 22.214.171.1245 for four days now, and I really like the workflow! Before I had just worked in AFX as compositing tool, but this just looks so (more) cool and robust! :) Without any training I've been able to create some quite cool stuff! :)
Now I've the next problem; from the moment I installed DF 4.0 it crashed when starting (when the splatscreen is some seconds away, and the UI is loading)! (I work in Windows XP > I get a 'send problemsheet'-dialog) Now I searched some on the internet, and I read on Eyeonline.com that you could solve this problem if you where working with Servicepack 1, by downloading a update. I did, but now it still crashes. Only the first time I open it it workes properly, but after shutting down the app, and restarting it, it crashes in the same way as before! :( Also I regonised that Photoshop 7.0 does crash (also while starting) after DF had crashed...
Of course I can work in DF in this way, but not in the most easy way...:shrug: How could I solve this?
Tnx in advance,
10 October 2004, 08:50 PM
Well as always, the tech support at eyeon is #1, and I would definitely recommend sending their tech guys a heads up about this.
That being said, there are a few things I can think of right off the bat that might be causing this.
1) make sure you are using 4.04c, as that is the latest public build, and is quite stable.
2) You may be getting corrupt preference files somehow. Try to delete the Dfusion.prf file and restart fusion to see if this helps..
3) If you know your way around a computer, start up regedit, and delete the entries for fusion from the software section. These also can be corrupted sometimes. This will remove any of your customizations to the tools along the top of fusion, but will be rebuilt when you launch Fusion again.
10 October 2004, 08:42 AM
1) make sure you are using 4.04c, as that is the latest public build, and is quite stable. In fact I found yet out that 126.96.36.1995 is the same as 4.04c, so that was allright :)
2) You may be getting corrupt preference files somehow. Try to delete the Dfusion.prf file and restart fusion to see if this helps..I did it and.... IT WORKED! WOW! That's brilliant! I myself would never have come to that solution... ;) In fact I wonder how yóu know that? Just experience...? :) [I saw your a DF-tutorial'er? :) ].
I red you are DF-junky right now, I think I'm gonna addicted to it also ;)
Allot tnx for your support; you'll be my king today :thumbsup:
10 October 2004, 07:31 PM
I used to do tech support for eyeon, and wrote the v1 courseware that ships with DFv4 and DFX+v4.
I'm back in production again, working on feature films.
01 January 2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.