View Full Version : modify duplicated layers

Antonio79
10 October 2004, 04:50 AM
Hello! I made an A4 page containing 10 business card, I can esaily print them and everything is ok. My question is, if I want to change my business card, is there a way so that all the other 9 in the page will change as well? or do I have to change one and then copy my layer 9 times like I already did? thank you!

halo
10 October 2004, 10:30 AM
within the normal constraints of the program, no...however there may be a way to script your way around it.

dwin
10 October 2004, 01:01 PM
Can you explain more what you mean with "change"? If you want to transform (scale, rotate, etc) all the 9 layers in the same time you can use the link button near the eye in the layer pallete. Click in the 9 layers, when you transform it, it'll change for 9 layers.

Elysian
10 October 2004, 05:11 PM
My question is, if I want to change my business card, is there a way so that all the other 9 in the page will change as well?No, impossible, but why would you like to do that? It would be a rather unusual way to print business cards. Why design 9 cards at the same time (even when they would update automatically) when you only need one????

Throw the file in a program like Word, Publisher, Pagemaker, Indesign or whatever and print it from there.

Antonio79
10 October 2004, 09:58 PM
Ok thank you anyway! no I prefer doing it in photoshop because I am more able to manage the size and measurement to let the cards fit in the papers that are done for business cards. Thank you again

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.