View Full Version : LScript file parsing?

hypercube
10 October 2004, 03:05 AM
Ok, stupid LScript question..can lscripts do things like load and read text files? I'd swear I remember some that do, but wanted to check.

I've done F-A with LScript to date, but am looking into it because I need to render about 500 title cards for an ID package and would love to automate at least part of the process somehow, ie read a list of titles, generate text, extrude, bevel, save..they then all need to be plugged into an existing setup scene, but I figure at the very least since I have to do some scene stuff manually (output path etc.) I can do the object-replace manually too..would just like to leave all the RSI to Layout if possible..heh.

I'm up and RTFMing but I figured if anyone had experience doing this sort of thing it would be worth asking, if there are any known issues, or if it's even doable.

NanoGator
10 October 2004, 08:49 AM
Yes, you can. Sadly I don't have an example on me. However, if you go to Newtek's Vbulletin site, then search their Lscript forums for writeln, I think you'll find what you need. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.