View Full Version : Grand Space Opera 3D Entry: Ben Pesso

triple7
10 October 2004, 06:21 PM
Ben Pesso has entered the Grand Space Opera 3D.

3doid
10 October 2004, 06:32 PM
hey welcome buddy.. wish ya all teh best :thumbsup:

triple7
10 October 2004, 07:11 PM
Hello everyone, this is my first ever attempt at doing this kind of thing, so while I hold very little hope in winning this, I hope it'll provide me a good learning experience.
I come from a background of Graphic Design and Video Editing, and while I did some basic 3D art in the past, nothing was ever one fifth close to the scale of this challenge. Yet, it has always been a dream of mine to get into 3D art.
I know my way arround 3D Max, but it's just too combersum for me to work with. I like seeing progress as I go, and having to wait for a render everytime, and having to deal with all kinds of "sub" and "upper" objects of an object can get you really annoyed. I finally got my hands today on ZBrush 2, which I'm hoping will turn out to be the product I was looking for all this time.

I'm currently working on a concept sketch for this challenge, and I hope getting one up soon.
I'm still not sure about what my "story" is going to be, but I'm thinking something along the lines of the rise of a new leader on a humanoids-populated planet.

Any pointers or advise you might give me will be greatly appreaciated.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my entry, and for any comments you might provide me with. I wish you all the best of luck in the challenge, and hope to see you all around the forums.

Ben.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.